Downloading, clip sequence problems. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders

Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders
Sony HXR-NX100, HXR-NX70, NX30, NX5, NX3/1, HXR-MC2500, HDR-AX2000, etc.

Old April 8th, 2012, 11:43 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Downloading, clip sequence problems.

I have been editing my South Island NZ tour video which amounts to 479 clips. I had the NX70 hooked up via the USB connection for the internal memory transfer. I use SONY Vegas movie studio platinum 11. To load the video I open the software and choose 'View', 'Device explorer' and down load my clips to a folder on my hard drive. I then start a 'project' on Vegas and by going file / import media I can transfer some or all clips to the software project. This works fine but I note when editing the occasional clip or clips are out of sequence even though the numbering is sequential. Anyone experienced this with the NX70 memory filing numbering. For an example 00023_20120228_091900 is in my opinion clip 23 and the next would be 24 etc and should follow the sequence of shooting. Can anyone be of assistance, cheers.
Warren Eagleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2012, 01:04 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Downloading, clip sequence problems.

Why don't you use the Sony CMU ? It will transfer all the files and change files names to date and time taken so that they make some sense afterwards as well as logging all the metadata for the backup. Then you can just bring into Vegas and edit but you file backup will make sense with date and time naming.

Ron Evans
Ron Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2012, 02:26 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Hi Ron sorry for late reply been bit busy. The main reason why I have not used the supplied CMU was that I have Windows 7 64bit and the supplied software disk ver 2 has a warning label stating that my OS is not supported. Some guys mention a later version but all my searching for that software update has been unsucessful for the HXR-NX70P. On the Australia / New Zealand sight it only posts an update for the HXR-NX5P.
Old April 11th, 2012, 02:51 PM   #4
Inner Circle

I use CMU on Win7 64 Home Premium just fine. The notes are very confusing. The note refers to XP SP3 64 bit and starter edition NOT Windows 7. The other refers to Vista SP2 and to Starter edition not supported. Very poor layout for the instructions. As far as i know the CMU is the same for all the NX family. My MBS from the consumer cameras will also transfer the files correctly too.

Ron Evans
Old April 11th, 2012, 03:29 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Yes Ron, on close study you may be right. Its all in the asterisks* perhaps. Its says on the software disk--Windows XP* SP3, Windows Vista** SP2, Windows 7. Next line where it says *64 bit editions and starter(edition) are not supported. Must be referring to Win XP 64 bit??
Also can you confirm ver 2 is the current one, thanks.
Old April 11th, 2012, 03:42 PM   #6
Inner Circle

My version is 2.1.00.05171 so I guess that's version 2.

Ron Evans
Old April 11th, 2012, 04:20 PM   #7
Major Player

I'm also using CMU 2.1.00.05171 on Win 7 (home premium) 64bit. Previously I was using an older version on Vista 64 bit, it didn't work with SP1 but did work with SP2.
Matt Sharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2012, 05:58 PM   #8
Regular Crew

OK thanks one and all, probably install the supplied CMU now, cheers.
Warren Eagleton is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders