Got my NX5u footage... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders
Sony HXR-NX100, HXR-NX70, NX30, NX5, NX3/1, HXR-MC2500, HDR-AX2000, etc.

Old April 18th, 2012, 11:48 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Got my NX5u footage...

I had a chance to go into B&H yesterday and record some test standard def footage. I was able to take the sd footage and bring it into Windows 7 and use windows DVD creator to easily and quickly burn a DVD.

The only issue that concerned me was when I was trying to set the recording modes of the camera. Is it true that you cannot record standard def to both the Sd card and the flash memory unit? The only settings I could see were HD HD, HD SD and SD HD.

Also I'm assumIng that you cannot record to both SD slots at the same time? Making a backup.

Thanks

Rob
Robert Rinkewich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2012, 02:45 PM   #2
Trustee

Re: Got my NX5u footage...

Robert, record in HD on the flask memory unit and keep it as back-up. This way you have SD on the cards and you have both HD and SD on the flash memory. Why? Because you can convert the HD to SD but not the other way around.

stelios
Old April 18th, 2012, 02:56 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Strips

Thanks for the reply. But I have a specific need for two sd recordings. We provide DVDs on site at sporting events. We want to be able to burn sd straight to DVD with as little processing as possible. The sd footage I got at B&H works great for me.

So I guess two sd recordings is impossible with this camera?

Thanks
Robert
Robert Rinkewich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2012, 04:27 PM   #4
Inner Circle

Yes that is true. But if you have a FMU128 and cards in both card slots you have the option of taking a card out and recording to the other while still recoding to the FMU. You can't record two different things at the same time anyway and you can always switch cards if you want to record something else. A few card will allow you to keep switching and going to the PC to make a DVD. Making two copies on a PC is very fast. I think this is exactly what Daniel does. Hopefully he will respond and tell you how he does this.

Ron Evans
Ron Evans is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders