Does Sony AX2000 make bad AVCHD files? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders
Sony HXR-NX100, HXR-NX70, NX30, NX5, NX3/1, HXR-MC2500, HDR-AX2000, etc.

Old May 17th, 2012, 03:13 PM   #1
Major Player

Does Sony AX2000 make bad AVCHD files?

Hi, I have a Sony AX2000 and when I have to make video editing I get problems with its files. I have a core I7 x980 and a good video card. My Edius has difficulty to edit those files, above all if on timeline there is a long project (one hour). My friend has another PC with good a processor and also he have told me when he has to make video editing with Sony AX 2000 files he is going mad. He has told me he makes many video editing with AVCHD files made with other cameras withouth problem but Sony AX2000 only gets him problems. Some suggestions, please? Thanks
Old May 18th, 2012, 06:32 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: Does Sony AX2000 make bad AVCHD files?

I edit my AX2000 footage all the time using Vegas 11 Pro and Avid studio, never have a issue with the AVCHD footage in either program, I also have a NX5U as well as the Canon HG21 and HG10, all work and edit smoothly in vegas...Not sure what problems you could be having...are you using the content management utility that came with the cam to combine and transfer your files to the PC....
David Wayne Groves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2012, 07:08 AM   #3
Inner Circle

Re: Does Sony AX2000 make bad AVCHD files?

I have NX5U as well as CX700, SR11, XR500 all AVCHD and edit all in Edius with no problems. Do you use the Sony software that came with the camera to transfer to the PC ? I always use the CMU or PMB consumer version to transfer to the PC . This correctly joins FAT 32 files for long clips, names the file the date and time the clip was taken and places in a directory named the date and time the file was transferred to the computer. I then backup these files before starting editing. I don't use any of the NLE's to take files from the camera.

I have Edius 6.07, Vegas 11 and Adobe CS 5.5 all edit theses files with no problems.

Ron Evans
Ron Evans is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders