recharging of internal NX5U battery at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders
Sony HXR-NX100, HXR-NX70, NX30, NX5, NX3/1, HXR-MC2500, HDR-AX2000, etc.

Old April 22nd, 2014, 07:51 AM   #1
Regular Crew

recharging of internal NX5U battery

My use of the NX5U is sporadic…and to avoid losing my clock settings and other internal settings, I usually take the camera out every 3 months and connect it to the AC adaptor (not on the charge setting, but the camera setting). I make sure the NX5U is powered off…and then I let the camera sit for 24 hours. This is the suggested info per the manual.

Lately I find that 3 months is not doing the trick, because when I take the camera out for a shoot, it has lost the internal settings.

So I tried doing the recharge of the internal battery every 2 months…and the internal battery won't last that long.

Am about to try every 5 weeks and see if that can retain the settings.

The internal battery is now about 3 years old…and probably can't retain a charge like it used to.

I am wondering if others have had similar results? I could always attach a fully charged battery and let it do a slow drain while attached to the camera in storage…that of course will retain internal settings for as long as the battery would last.

Thanks for any advice others can share…John
John Vasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2015, 01:04 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: recharging of internal NX5U battery

John,

I just ran across your post and I am having the same issues. I see nobody ever responded. Did you ever find a solution to your problem?

Thanks.

David
David Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2015, 11:16 AM   #3
Trustee

Re: recharging of internal NX5U battery

I'm curious now?

I was talking to a Sony tech only yesterday and he mentioned something odd about a number of Sony camera models and that is that they WILL NOT charge the backup battery from the mains. You have to put a fully charged battery on the cameras to charge the backup battery. I can't recall now as I didn't really need the info but he said the battery had to be on the camera for quite some time. I seem to recall it was a fairly lengthy period. If you don't have any luck leaving a fully charged battery on the camera for a day or so post back and I will try and chase this tech down. This info partially stayed in my mind because it just sounded odd at the time. Go figure!

Chris Young
CYV Productions
Sydney
Christopher Young is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders