NX5R Shooting at 50p at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders
Sony HXR-NX100, HXR-NX70, NX30, NX5, NX3/1, HXR-MC2500, HDR-AX2000, etc.

Old June 29th, 2019, 07:49 AM   #1
New Boot

NX5R Shooting at 50p

Hi Guys, sorry if this has been covered?
I have up to now been recording in 1080/50i at 25 fps with 1/50th shutter @ bitrate of 25mbs.
I use a timeline of the same settings but from time to time I use higher frame rates... (50p) for some smooth half speed slow-mo. According to the spec of my camera recording at 50p gives me double the bitrate @ 50mbs. Personally I cant see any difference in quality? So my question here is... Is there any disadvantage to always record in 50p, drop it on the timeline and continue to edit on a 25fps timeline? Also, should I stick to the 180 rule by setting 100 shutter to match 50fps or just leave shutter at 1/50th as it looks the same?
I am thinking that I have the ability to use slow-mo at any point on the timeline if this makes sense?

Basically, (apart from less space on card) is there a problem leaving my settings at XAVC S 1920 x 1080 @ 50p= 50 Mbps and recording at all times?

Many thanks
Alan Grove is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders