Reflections on first two shoots. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM NEX-FS100 CineAlta

Sony NXCAM NEX-FS100 CineAlta
An interchangeable lens AVCHD camcorder using E-Mount lenses.

Old July 3rd, 2011, 10:00 AM   #1
Trustee

Reflections on first two shoots.

We had a multicamera orchestral concert shoot at a university last Sunday and I wanted to incorporate the FS100.

I currently am using my Nikon primes and a Tokina 28-70 2,8 for Nikon with a Fotodiox adapter. For this shoot I used the FS100 for my wide safety cam, and a Canon XHA1 in both balconies, and for a close up next to my FS 100. I used the out oif the boix picture profile on the FS 100 and the Canons, and set the Kelvin temp the same on all cameras, While the FS100 looks considerably better than the Canons, The edit will work and I don't think there will be any problem.

The FS100 looks great and I took an audio feed from the board. I'm impressed by the audo options on the FS 100 like the limiter and attenuator by db. I used the limiter and 6 db gain reduction from the board feed, and it sounds great!.

Yesterday we shot some footage for a web commercial for an indoor exercise contraption for cats. Luckily I had also goitten the 18-200 kit lens, which really helped. For part of the shoot, I had to chase a cat, waiing for her to do certain things. I had to use the auto focus and hand hold the camera around chest level. I was happy and surprised at how well that lens performed.

I'll post some clips next week.

My other concern now is what to do about a shoulder rig, and maybe the Zacuto flip, but that will be another post.
Bruce Yarock
Bruce S. Yarock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2011, 10:06 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: Reflections on first two shoots.

So did the kit lens focus rapidly enough on the moving cat to be acceptable?
Galen Rath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2011, 12:31 PM   #3
Major Player

I have shot sports with my FS 100 with the kit lens, and the autofocus did
a great job following the fast moving subjects
Gabe Strong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2011, 07:16 PM   #4
Trustee

Galen,
The lens af worked very well. After a couple of years witth 7d's, it's nice to have autofocus when you need it.
I'm impressed by the kit lens. and happy I got it..
Bruce Yarock
Bruce S. Yarock is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM NEX-FS100 CineAlta