Sony FS100 with OConnor Accessories and Hot Rod PL mount (Handheld and Studio) at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM NEX-FS100 CineAlta
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony NXCAM NEX-FS100 CineAlta
An interchangeable lens AVCHD camcorder using E-Mount lenses.

Old June 29th, 2011, 09:31 PM   #1
Tourist

Sony FS100 with OConnor Accessories and Hot Rod PL mount (Handheld and Studio)

Hi,
I put up a blog post with my review of the Sony FS100 with the Oconnor O-Grip, CFF-1 follow focus, as well as the Hot Rod Camera PL mount and baseplate. The camera was built on a VF gadgets baseplate/shoulder plate made for the sony EX3. I think there's some useful info for people who are thinking about getting the sony FS100 or the Sony F3.

HBO Documentary – SONY FS100 with O’Connor Accessories, HotRod PL, Zeiss CP2′s and the Zacuto EVF – The Image Hunter - Shot in the Wild

Thanks

Rooar
E
:://::
ERIC KORETZ | CINEMATOGRAPHER
Web. The Image Hunter - Eric Koretz - Cinematographer
Blog. blog.theimagehunter.com
Email. eric@theimagehunter.com
Twitter. theimagehunter
Cell. 310.663.4882
Google Voice. 818.660.5270
Eric Koretz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2011, 09:59 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: Sony FS100 with OConnor Accessories and Hot Rod PL mount (Handheld and Studio)

Beautiful rig!

Can't wait to start purchasing mine after seeing yours.
Old June 30th, 2011, 04:33 AM   #3
Vortex Media

Re: Sony FS100 with OConnor Accessories and Hot Rod PL mount (Handheld and Studio)

Hey, that sure looks a lot like my setup except for the shoulder pad.
http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-avc...ter-fs100.html

Nice review.

Great system!
Old June 30th, 2011, 07:33 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Eric, thanks for the review with the rig on your documentary. I look forward to future blog posts with the camera.
Allan Tabilas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2011, 10:17 AM   #5
Tourist

Doug it definitely does! Are you using a quick release plate to attach Illya's baseplate to your camera? Which one is it?
Eric Koretz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2011, 10:32 AM   #6
Vortex Media

I'm using the standard quick release plate that came with my O'Connor 1030B head. That plate also happens to fit a Sachtler tripod I have, too, so I can switch between tripods at will. I have a plate for every camera I own so I don't have to take them off.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM NEX-FS100 CineAlta