NEX-FS100 Reel - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM NEX-FS100 CineAlta
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony NXCAM NEX-FS100 CineAlta
An interchangeable lens AVCHD camcorder using E-Mount lenses.

Old December 21st, 2011, 10:27 AM   #16
Regular Crew

Re: NEX-FS100 Reel

I enjoyed the video and the music... as for the annoying sounds, dubstep (a popular current genre) uses a lot of those sounds. That said, years of nightclubs have put a nice low pass filter on my ears so I guess they could have been too high pitched for me to hear them.

I can't wait to get an FS100 of my own, thank you for the post Dimitris
Old December 22nd, 2011, 05:29 AM   #17
Major Player

Re: NEX-FS100 Reel

Thanks Laurence. I actually am more of the hard rock type of guy, but there is something in dubstep that I find too attractive to ignore. Also, nobody ever did a (mostly) wedding oriented video with that kind of music, so we took that as a challenge. :)

Doug, I know what you mean. When we were given a demo FS100 back in July, we had no idea that this feature was there. We wanted to try it mainly for the amazing low light sensor and 1080p50 ability. At some point, while playing with the buttons (we rarely use manuals, haha) we discovered this thing. Sure, if this was advertised as a main selling point, it would be a bad move, since it's far from flawless. But as a small extra, we were excited, because we really love the slomo. You can name this feature as a "poor man's Phantom-like option", because that's exactly what it is and nothing more. :) With high shutter and Twixtor, we have actually reached the 1000fps (or more) look which is rather nice.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM NEX-FS100 CineAlta