Battery Adapter Plate - 3rd Party at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM NEX-FS700 CineAlta
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony NXCAM NEX-FS700 CineAlta
4K EXMOR sensor with SDI, slow-motion recording.

Old September 9th, 2012, 09:00 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Battery Adapter Plate - 3rd Party

Does anyone know where I can find the a battery adapter plate for the FS700? It should be identical to the earlier plates used for the HVR series camcorders as the batteries are identical. I've got the power adapter for an HVR-Z1U and it works fine with the FS700. I don't want to destroy the original Sony part.

I'm trying to power the FS700 through this plate (via a power distro system) instead of the cheesy DC input port on the side of the camera. Although, if I can't find the adapter plate I would use the side port as an alternative. I believe those jacks are just as difficult to find.

Does anyone else have a better solution?
Will Salley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2012, 04:04 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: Battery Adapter Plate - 3rd Party

OK, so the battery plate (DK-415) does not work with the FS700. The adapter will not physically clip into place. I also tried to straight-wire an old BP-L battery by disassembling and soldering the leads to the terminals. This didn't wok either. I believe there is a required third contact on the camera that possibly conducts battery information.

So I'm left with using the DC-input jack on the side of the camera. If anyone has an idea where to locate that part (the male plug), or who makes it for Sony, please let me know.

Thanks.
Old September 11th, 2012, 04:18 PM   #3
Major Player

The FS700 uses the same AC Adapter the DSLR/SLTs use, the AC-PW10AM. I'd get a knockoff PW10 on ebay and chop off the wire.

AC Adapter Charger for Sony Alpha DSLR A230 A290 A-290 A300 A-300 A330 AC-PW10AM | eBay
Matt Sharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2012, 06:39 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Thanks Matt. After a little research I made that discovery. I just ordered a knockoff for $10.
Old October 4th, 2012, 09:35 PM   #5
Tourist

I've ordered one two. The thing I'm concerned about is that the power supply is supposed to deliver a nominal 7.6 V. I'm concerned that the FS700 is going to think (in essence), "Since this is an outside, somewhat uncontrolled voltage, I'm going to need to condition it a little. And in the process, I'll have to knock off some voltage." So if I feed it a battery voltage of 7.2 V, it may knock it down to, say, 6.8 V. Now I don't know that this is true, but I'm concerned. The net result (at worst) is greatly reduced running time before the camera says, "That voltage is too low."

Yes, I know that all voltages are dependant upon load, charge, etc.

Has anyone experienced any problems?

--Jim
Jim Ritscher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2012, 06:38 PM   #6
Regular Crew

So after about 4 weeks of use, I've had no problems with the handwired power tap. I was thinking that the connector might get knocked out of position, but that hasn't happened so far, and I've done a lot of shoots. The camera runs about 6 hours on a single 160wh v-mount battery, and about 3.5 hours with the Ki Pro Mini, Monitor, and camera. The voltage range stays a constant 7.6 until the battery depletes to about 10%. I still need to order and assemble a 90 degree 4-pin power connector to power the Ki Pro, but the camera tap is the way to go.
Will Salley is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM NEX-FS700 CineAlta