Matching fs700 look to that of 5Diii at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM NEX-FS700 CineAlta
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony NXCAM NEX-FS700 CineAlta
4K EXMOR sensor with SDI, slow-motion recording.

Old August 15th, 2013, 08:42 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Matching fs700 look to that of 5Diii

Hi,

Trying to get my Fs700 to have a similar 'flat' feel to the 5d I know and love the look of. There are SO many options in the Picture Profile settings I am at a bit of a loss to know how to go about it. Currently the FS700 is much more contrasty and the colour balance is redder. It is verey hard to cut between the 2 cams in an edit.

What would be the best way to go about fiddling to get them to match? I was hoping that there might be some per-existing profiles on line but I can't find any :-(

Many thanks!

Stuart
Stuart Boreham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2013, 09:06 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: Matching fs700 look to that of 5Diii

AbelCine has some FS700 profiles you can download. I've only had to match a 5D once with my 700, and I used their 5D matching profile to do it--turned out pretty well.

Sony FS700 Scene Files from AbelCine | CineTechnica
Vince Manganello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2013, 09:13 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Ah- many thanks. I should perhaps have mentioned that I have used that profile and it looks, well, terrible... Ok on it's own but nothing at all like my 5d.
Stuart Boreham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2013, 02:27 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Have had a play and seem to be able to get the camera quite close if I simply turn off PP on the fs700.
Stuart Boreham is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM NEX-FS700 CineAlta