FS 700 is splitting my clips - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM NEX-FS700 CineAlta
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony NXCAM NEX-FS700 CineAlta
4K EXMOR sensor with SDI, slow-motion recording.

Old March 6th, 2014, 03:47 AM   #16
Major Player

Re: FS 700 is splitting my clips

Still having problems with that install - FS700R plugged in, operating and I can see the card as the normal windows drive.

Installer says it can't find a compatible device.

Windows 8.1 though. Wonder if it's either Windows version not supported or camera version? Ran it as admin and also compatibility mode for Win 7.

I've not connected the camera to a PC before as never needed to - it's just using a standard MS USB driver "Sony Camcorder USB Device". Is that what you have on your systems or is there a specific Sony USB driver?

Thanks.
Paul Gale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2014, 04:04 AM   #17
Major Player

Ah, solved it - that link was for an older version (1.1). I found a version 2.1 on the Sony Asia site here:

Content Management Utility Ver.2.1 : Download : Sony Asia Pacific

It can now see my camera and attached card reader :)

Why is it always so difficult to find Sony software - they're not very good at that - there always seem to be different versions in different territories. I've had that with XDCAM software in the past.
Old March 6th, 2014, 04:26 AM   #18
Major Player

Are you guys on Mac or PC - and what edit s/w?

Just tried CMU to import clips to HDD and still Premiere Pro CC doesn't read the timecode - all clips have zero starting TC. I'm presuming this is an Adobe issue, not reading the different structure that Content Browser and CMU create on an import which is a flat folder structure.
Old March 6th, 2014, 06:36 PM   #19
Trustee

Sorry about the link to the outdated version. I'm running 2.1 here so I should have rumbled to that.

Just remembered CMU also has Flash Band Correction which works reasonably well. Saving some shots that may be unusable otherwise.

Chris Young
CYV Productions
Sydney
Christopher Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2014, 07:34 PM   #20
Inner Circle

Hi Chris

I saw that on the utility but never used it. Does it correct the banding while exporting the clip? Often I will get flash banding especially during wedding cake cutting where there is a million guests all trying to get the bride and groom cutting their cake so there is at least one flash band visible.

Does it just scan the entire clip or do you have to find the banding and tell the software to correct it?

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2014, 10:18 AM   #21
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher Young View Post
Sorry about the link to the outdated version. I'm running 2.1 here so I should have rumbled to that.

Just remembered CMU also has Flash Band Correction which works reasonably well. Saving some shots that may be unusable otherwise.

Chris Young
CYV Productions
Sydney
No Problem :)

Unfortunately I still can't use CMU as Premiere doesn't read the timecode of the imported clips :(

Back to manual copying of the structure - no great problem though.
Old March 8th, 2014, 03:44 AM   #22
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Harding View Post
The Content Management Utility is a free download from Sony BTW guys!

Chris
Where can I find a free version of the Content Management Utility, Chris? For Mac, the only ones I've found so far are not free. Which I find disgusting, by the way. I use Clipwrap instead now.
Luc De Wandel is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM NEX-FS700 CineAlta