Sony RX10 point-and-shoot camera - Page 18 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony RX CyberShots and CX Series Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony RX CyberShots and CX Series Camcorders
Pro quality results from Sony consumer grade equipment.

Old February 24th, 2014, 11:24 AM   #256
Regular Crew

Re: Sony RX10 point-and-shoot camera

Hi Noa,
Did you get a chance to post that wedding edit you were working on that features RX10 footage?
Rich Adrion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2014, 11:42 AM   #257
Inner Circle

Well, the edit is finished but the bride was very specific about not posting anything on the internet, I asked to put a demo online but she refused so unfortunately I"m not putting anything online.
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2014, 01:09 PM   #258
Major Player

For those who have the camera, Hows the camera feel like when using handheld?

Does the fact that it's has such a small form factor and quite light, does it make it difficult to shoot steady footage handheld?

How would it compared to a Z1 handheld? Reason I ask this specifically is I have Z1 but I don't like using it because it's tape based, the quality looks better/nicer on the RX10 then my Z1 as well. Would perhaps a Shoulder rig help?
Matt Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2014, 02:16 PM   #259
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noa Put View Post
Well, the edit is finished but the bride was very specific about not posting anything on the internet, I asked to put a demo online but she refused so unfortunately I"m not putting anything online.
I understand, I had it happen before as well
Rich Adrion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2014, 03:17 PM   #260
Inner Circle

@ Matt -

I've shot with the much lighter HX series (100,200,300) with good results, so it's not that "foreign" to me... I like it handheld, I'll add a flash bracket to the left side to help turn it into a mini-fig rig type setup if needed. Or use a monopod as a waist pod, or it would mount to a multi rig or similar shoulder mount I've got...

Image stabilization is fairly good in the camera, so like most smaller lighter cameras, it's a matter of getting comfortable shooting it and finding what type of additional physical stabilization works for you...

Then again, it you take a stance using the viewfinder, that can work too!

My take is that the smaller lighter format should be good for less fatigue, and I wobble more the more tired I get!

@ Noa -
While you can't post footage, I'd be interested on how you "felt" about both use under live fire, and about the resulting clips/image quality? I'm finding the camera to be very "comfortable", but somehow I end up shooting more stills!
Dave Blackhurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2014, 03:28 PM   #261
Inner Circle

Dave, I've only played with the cam very briefly, but it is addicting. I have not downloaded my "play" footage yet but I feel confident it will look pretty much like it does on the LCD.

It's the photos, I just love shooting photos with this darned thing, don't know why. I love the viewfinder. I've never, ever liked a viewfinder before.

I am a frustrated photographer, so I completely understand about shooting more stills. My first DSLR (years ago) was a Canon 40d with a 85mm F/1.2 and F/1.4 and I was mesmerized with the photo taking. One wedding in particular I made the photographer angry because I kept shooting stills. This camera seems to be as much fun, if not more because of the zoom.

Really looking forward to playing with it more.
Old February 25th, 2014, 01:30 PM   #262
Inner Circle

Yep, it's fun for stills and video is nice too... very addictive to shoot with... fun and addictive, not your typical camera!

Just get a nice little bag to stick the camera and a few accessories in, and you've got a great little "grab and go" kit for pretty much everything! I've added a circular polarizer, a diffuser for the pop up flash, a couple extra batteries and a folding flash bracket, plus stick an RX100M2 in just in case! Really not too many things you couldn't shoot out of that little bag!
Dave Blackhurst is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony RX CyberShots and CX Series Camcorders