PD150 for 2550 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion
Topics also include Sony's TRV950, VX2000, PD150 & DSR250 family.

Old June 26th, 2003, 06:44 PM   #1
Regular Crew

PD150 for 2550

I realized Mike locked the other thread but I did want to say that it is possible to get the PD150 for2550 because I did.

I bought my cam on eBay from a seller with near flawless feedback. Her logon name is tippeecanoes_ites. She sell the PD150 (reserve) 2550 and the VX2000 (reserve) 1825.

What's the catch? You have to wait at least 6 weeks to get it. I actually waited 8 weeks and one day. But I got it and it was an otherwise uneventful sale.

So, forget about the Brooklyn and Manhattan based stores (which are no more than holes in the wall with guys on cell phones).

Buy from B&H, or Digital Megastore or CentralDigital.com and get it immediately for btween 2800 and 3000 or wait 6-8 weeks and get it on eBay.

Mike, my most sincere apologies if this is upsetting. I'm not sure why this site locks up these threads so quickly but it is fair to have the information whether these stores contribute to this site or not.
Jeff
Jeff Natalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2003, 07:29 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Jeff, great price! How about warranty? Did you also get everything that comes with the camera?

Thanks for sharing this info.

Stylianos Moschapidakis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2003, 08:34 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Yes, US warranty and all contents. Unfortunately I don't think she ships to international addresses.
Old June 26th, 2003, 10:33 PM   #4
Wrangler

Thanks for the contribution, Jeff.

AFAIK, this is the first time I've heard anyone tell of a first-hand experience at this price level.

The reason for locking the thread, and I did wait a couple of days, is that the same question is asked over and over and over. And until you made a contribution, the same answer set is also repeated.

I think it is a waste of bandwidth and people's time to have the same question asked over and over. If people with questions would do a search on the subject, the answers would be abundantly clear. It has nothing to do with their sponsorship or lack of sponsorship of this site.

Normally when people get especially good deals on equipment, they tell everyone so that info gets into the searchable information. The PD150 at that price level would normally spread like wildfire across all of the Sony forums.

The login name you gave does not generate any search results on ebay. Does she use another name or handle? There are no PD150's on ebay at this time for anywhere near that price.

Can you give the members a way to get in contact with her or give us an URL to her auctions on ebay?
Old June 27th, 2003, 04:03 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Mike,
Thank you for your kind reply. I did drop one letter from her logon. It is "tippecanoe_ites" as opposed to "tippecanoes_ites".

I've checked her auction and she must be between shipments (she usually takes several days off from electonics between auctions) But she does have a VX2000 ($1825) XL1S ($2500) and an AG-DVX100 ($2800) on there now. Here is her direct auction link:

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=tippecanoe_ites&include=0&since=-1&sort=3&rows=25

For future readers, if you just so happen to check when she is not running an auction on the PD150, don't lose hope. She gave up on it once and then brought it back. Just email her, she is very easy to work with and will tell you where she stands on the different products. REMEMBER, you will wait at least 6 weeks.

Jeff
Old June 27th, 2003, 04:07 AM   #6
Regular Crew

In case anyone is interested and still believes this is too good to be true, here is my auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=20333&item=2920745760

It may only be availabe until July 2 as eBay archives after 90 days.
Old June 27th, 2003, 12:27 PM   #7
Regular Crew

PD-150 B&H $2999

I didn't realize the price on the PD-150's had gone back up.

I purchased mine in March 2003 for $2999 from B&H Photo.
Old June 27th, 2003, 12:42 PM   #8
Wrangler

Thanks for the URL.

The company appears to get a lot of positive feedback from buyers.

So if one has the time and there is a unit up for auction, one might get it for that price. No real guarantees on price as someone could bid the price up. But everyone is free to set their upper limit.

Did they tell you your bid was right at their reserve price?
Old June 27th, 2003, 12:53 PM   #9
Regular Crew

Heck no, Mike. I went through almost all of her feedback to get those prices. Let me just tell you, I haven't seen one auction get into a bidding war. Most know her prices and they just set their upper bid to the reserve (on eBay, even if only one person bids on an auction, if they bid as high as the reserve, they can win the item). I actually put 20 bids on my PD150 auction just to make sure I didn't spend one dime too much.

She usually runs enough auctions so that serious bidders can usually get what they want everytime without a bid war.

Really the only catch is the wait. It's a no brainer otherwise.
Old June 27th, 2003, 01:55 PM   #10
Regular Crew

This might sound crazy!

What if 10 people all wanted a PD-150 or DVX-100 etc. They then decided they would like to pay wholesale for the camera from Sony or panasonic.

How would that work, could someone start up a company [dba as dvinfo.net forum members incorporated :) ] and ask Sony for the minimum order of 5 or 10 or whatever?

I realize this would probably be unworkable unless Chris did this instead of a sony board sponsor. (ie charge like 5% above wholesale)

Any thoughts?
Jed Williamson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2003, 02:18 PM   #11
Regular Crew

Jed,
If I knew how to become a sony dealer, I'd just do it. We wouldn't need to incorportate :)

Seriously, if I could get Sony to take me serious as a seller, I'd just sell their stuff. Alas, I think you need to jump through major hoops.
Jeff Natalie is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion