Sennheiser EW 100 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion
Topics also include Sony's TRV950, VX2000, PD150 & DSR250 family.

Old November 8th, 2003, 10:10 AM   #1
Major Player

Sennheiser EW 100

Hey guys... and gals, I just picked up a the Sennheiser kit and was wondering... How the heck do you mount the transmitter to your camera? Are you doing it on the battery? Please let me know.
G. Lee Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2003, 10:43 AM   #2
Trustee

First of all, you want to mount the receiver to your camera.

The easiest way is the Mini Rover or The Bracket 1

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?A=search&Q=&b=1521&shs=&ci=3741&sortDrop=bs_asc&bl=&al=&pn=1&shs=&pn=1&ci=3741&Submit.x=17&Subm it.y=15

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?ci=1&sb=ps&pn=1&sq=desc&InitialSearch=yes&O=SearchBar&A=search&Q=*&shs=mini+rover

The Mini rover will also hold a shotgun mic and provide you with a remarkably well balanced grip on the camera. With the rover you hold the camera against your chest with the elbows tucked in. It's amazing how it affects the stability.
Bryan Beasleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2003, 12:57 PM   #3
Wrangler

I velcro the receiver to the back of the battery on my DSR-300 and just hang it on the hand-strap on the PD150. A little clumsy when I stick my hand in the strap but it works OK. That places it right at the best point for balance, right where my hand holds the camera. Anyplace else makes it a weight out on a lever and harder to hold.

Someday I'll make a bracket that clamps on the handle or the tripod socket and holds it in a velcro-closed clamp. Someday. Actually, maybe one of the brackets Brian mentions puts the receiver out to the right, outboard of the user's hand. That would balance the camera even better except when one does not have the camera up to eye level.
Old November 9th, 2003, 05:32 AM   #4
Major Player

Bryan,

I picked up something similar to that at my local camera store for 15 bucks. I ended up using the velcro strap that is inside the hand grip. Wasn't pretty , but worked fine for me.

I was wondering about attatching the receiver to the battery, but I use several batteries and different cameras. Thanks for the advice guys.
G. Lee Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2003, 01:06 PM   #5
Trustee

I've used cheaper L brackets but they never felt the same. Maybe I'm old and spoiled, but the Mini Rover makes a difference.
Bryan Beasleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2003, 06:19 AM   #6
Regular Crew

I built my own out of 2" aluminum painted black that extends out to the left of my PD150. It allows me to mount my shotgun and slide the reciever on it via the belt clip. Doubles as a handle when going handheld, works great. I just mounted it between my bogen footplate and the PD150 and bought a longer screw to go through the bogen plate and aluminum to the camera.
Jeff Natalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2003, 11:28 AM   #7
Trustee

Regarding the MiniRover and Bracket 1: When they're attached to the camera, is tripod mounting possible.
Dave Largent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2003, 09:34 PM   #8
Regular Crew

Check 'More Info' on the links that Bryan provided. It explains that there's no interruption to mounting cam to tripod.
Anthony Milic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2003, 02:09 PM   #9
Inner Circle

The Sennheiser comes with some 'industrial strength' self adhesive velcro, and I've stuck this to the VX's VAP OIS housing just rearwards of the lens hood's locking screw. This is a perfect place; smooth, flat and beautifully proportioned. The receiver clamps to the velcro and doesn't get in the way of any of the controls. Perfect.

tom.
Tom Hardwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2003, 10:05 AM   #10
Major Player

Not happy with what was out there on the market, I made my own. It's low profile and very sturdy. The receiver lies horisontally above the hot shoe, antenna facing forward. I can email a pic if anyone is interested.

Mark G

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion