export to tape stopped after 40 minutes at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion

Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion
Topics also include Sony's TRV950, VX2000, PD150 & DSR250 family.

Old August 6th, 2004, 07:19 AM   #1
Major Player

export to tape stopped after 40 minutes

i edited a one-hour movie on VEGAS 5 and then exported the project to mini DV tape using my pd-150 as a tape deck. i stuck a panasonic M63 mini DV tape in there, hooked up my camer via firewaire, switched power to ON in VCR mode and began exporting.

the pre-rendering seemed to go ok and the pd-150 began recording the movie onto the tape. although the tape should last for at least 60 minutes, it stopped recording after only a duration of 40 minutes. at first i though this might be a vegas problem, but then i remembered that a normal mini DV tape lasts about 40 minutes when set at DV CAM mode. i checked the menu and indeed, the REC mode was set to DV CAM.

so is this the reason recording stopped after 40 minutes? or am i off here.
Adi Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2004, 07:43 AM   #2
Wrangler

Yes

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion