I bought the VX2100 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion

Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion
Topics also include Sony's TRV950, VX2000, PD150 & DSR250 family.

Old October 20th, 2004, 07:56 PM   #1
New Boot

I bought the VX2100

I had asked a lot of questions here lately about which camera to get for low-light usage.

I went ahead and bought a VX2100, and received it today. I took it home, and within the first two minutes I had set a custom white-balance and made some shots of my kid in the tub. Now this was in the cruddy night time incandescant lighting in my house, and is all I can say is W-O-W ! The footage was bright and accurate. I played with the levels and brightness / contrast in Vegas and made it even better. At f/2 and +3 gain, it is very clean and noise free. All I can say is that I am so glad I spent the extra on this model.

PS: I bought from onecall.com; after about $7K worth of video and photo equipment purchases, I still say the they are the very best you could ask for in an online retailer.
Hank Meyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2004, 07:24 PM   #2
Trustee

Congratulations ;-))
Ain't it a warm fuzzy feeling knowing you have one of the better cameras available.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion