DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-vx2100-pd170-pdx10-companion/)
-   -   VX2000 -- various topics (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-vx2100-pd170-pdx10-companion/565-vx2000-various-topics.html)

Bryan Beasleigh June 2nd, 2002 12:07 AM

That's the way I set it up. Has anyone else had experience with the VX2K, Beach tec and AT mic. I know the ME66 is a whole lot brighter.

When I jacked the AT into the wireless transmitter and after setting the sensitivity @ 0db (up 10) I was able to keep the VX2K's audio at 50% and had no hiss at all. that means if i wanted to buy a mixer I'd be OK. I'll be OK if i just get an ME66 (I think)

madeline June 3rd, 2002 06:14 PM

I have the DXA-6 phantom powering an 835b. The other (right) channel is turned all the way up, and I shut off the AGC. I get beautiful sound quality. I have the beachtek turned to about 3/4 full on the left, active channel.

madeline June 3rd, 2002 06:16 PM

Almost forgot -- very important -- did you try BOTH settings on the ground switch? The factory default was aweful. I switched to the other setting and presto.

Bryan Beasleigh June 3rd, 2002 10:09 PM

What kind of camera do you have Madeline? The AT had a very weak signal where as the Sennheiser is very strong.

I pulled the top off the beach Tec and cleaned the paint around the top cover inside lip. That'll give me a good shield all around.

Mike Rehmus June 3rd, 2002 10:56 PM

Bryan,

I don't think I'd characterize the AT as having a 'very weak signal.' It is quite adequate to drive most preamps into saturation with moderate levels of sound.

Granted, the Sennheiser has a greater output as compared to the AT. But many of us use the AT every day with or without XLR to mini adapters with no problems whatsoever.

It is, BTW, a widely used ENG microphone.

Bryan Beasleigh June 3rd, 2002 11:12 PM

I merely reported the facts as they apply to a VX2000 with a Beach Tec and an AT 835b. It broke my heart to spend an extra $300 canadian.

Jeff Donald June 3rd, 2002 11:44 PM

Don't judge everything by just one expierence.. AT makes what is in my opinion the best shotgun mic under $1000, the AT4071a. I do a lot of nature work and the 4071 can pick a bird song out at 60 yards. I sold one on ebay recently for $350 or so. It does require phantom power and that can raise the cost of your accesories (Beachtek has a model DXA-6 http://www.beachtek.com/ ) a whole bunch. Audio can make or break a project so go with the best your budget and afford.

Jeff

madeline June 4th, 2002 04:34 AM

I'm running the vx2000

Bryan Beasleigh June 4th, 2002 07:43 AM

I don't see my comment as a slight on AT but rather on the audio preamp on the VX2000. Some may not be bothered with or even hear the hiss.

Matt Stahley June 13th, 2002 02:52 PM

VX2k and white balance

im also a fairly new owner of a VX2k and curious if i should use the manual white balance settings all the time balancing off of white paper. i had recently shot some airshow footageusing auto WB and when i viewed the footage at home all the colors were bright and loud looking if you know what i mean.i understand the exposure- iris settings and have had amazing footage shot using the zebra pattern well i woiuldnt go as far as amazing but better than my PC-110 which i used only in auto mode almost all the time due to the lack of manual controls etc.
has any one here used the studio 1 warming cards??if so are these useful for all around shooting such as outdoors and places using the existing light with no video lights set up etc. any info or links would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
matt

Bryan Beasleigh June 13th, 2002 03:11 PM

Posted in error.

Matt Stahley June 13th, 2002 04:37 PM

bryan
thanks for the response but you didnt have to leave the cooment at the end of your post ! whats the deal?? ive read all of the links posted thru out this site and many others. i was basically asking if anyone here has used the studio 1 warming cards with the VX2k!
if im not mistaken u are pretty new to this camera too!

Bryan Beasleigh June 13th, 2002 05:46 PM

Sorry, the comments were mis directed. They were meant for someone else and on another forum.

Try using a piece of 1/4 or 1/2 CTB gel over your lens while doing a white balance to warm things up. VideoSmith sell a 3' square swatchbook with some interesting gels (the guerilla book). You can get free swatch books but not 3" x 3"

I did just buy the camera but most everthing we discuss is related to videograpgy as a whole. What works for one cam works for pretty well all.It wasn't you and I appologize for the mistake.
I get a little peeved at the same questions asked over and over again. Very often the answer lies within a short reach.

Matt Stahley June 13th, 2002 05:55 PM

bryan thats quite ok! thanks for the info. i understand where you are coming from!

matt

Marius Svendsen June 17th, 2002 05:09 AM

Sony VX1000 and Windows XP Pro??

Ive heard ppl having problems with this before, im not sure if it have been the cameras fault or that vx1000 just dosent work good with Win XP.
Have anyone tried it?
(Im talking about capturing footage ech.)
Or with Sony VX2000 for that matter....