Booked my first wedding! yahoo!!! HELP!! - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion

Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion
Topics also include Sony's TRV950, VX2000, PD150 & DSR250 family.

Old March 28th, 2003, 11:16 AM   #16
Major Player

Seriously, I work for a large international law firm and I've asked one of our litigators to write me my contract which I will be using. You can buy the canned contract froma a stationary store but a litigator who has any experience will rip right through anything a "canned" contract will indicate. You should think about really indicating the "artisitic" license of the deal, indicate and lay out what happens if unforeseen, unwanted events were to happen. My contract will even stipulate protection if I get into a clash with a drunk guest, etc. You may also want to use some of their footage as a promo, well, a contract will indicate who the footage actually belongs to and if they own it you need to reserve the right for them to release some footage that you will be using. Just a few things to think about. A consultation with a reputable attorney should get you want you need.
Old March 28th, 2003, 11:26 AM   #17
Regular Crew

Thanks, Don

I am planning to join WEVA next week, and I will check out the insurance they offer and shop around.

If anyone has insight to what I should have in my insurance let me know. What coverage etc...

And, yes, Frederico, I may take you up on your offer.

Mark
Old March 28th, 2003, 12:59 PM   #18
Regular Crew

Good Contracts

So with everyone on this forum, who has a good contract ?

Would anyone let me or this forum browse or use the contract we liked?

Or maybe someone would like to offer a copy of a contract at a reasonable price.

Thanks,
Mark
Old March 28th, 2003, 03:40 PM   #19
Major Player

Mine will be ready by next week sometime. I will email you it if you want to see it, but I have to check with the attorney writing it to see if it can be public domain.
Old March 28th, 2003, 04:35 PM   #20
Regular Crew

thanks Garret

Will be interesting to read and compare to others

Mark

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion