LCD Monitor for VX2100 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion

Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion
Topics also include Sony's TRV950, VX2000, PD150 & DSR250 family.

Old February 20th, 2007, 06:32 PM   #1
Regular Crew

LCD Monitor for VX2100

I may be doing some work that requires a jib and thought I'd invest in an "on camera" monitor for use with the jib.

I sniffed around B&H and the prices seemed pretty reasonable. Any suggestions for best bet in the $300/$400 range?
Mike Petty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2007, 08:02 PM   #2
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Petty
I may be doing some work that requires a jib and thought I'd invest in an "on camera" monitor for use with the jib.

I sniffed around B&H and the prices seemed pretty reasonable. Any suggestions for best bet in the $300/$400 range?
How big a monitor do you want and where and how are you going to attach it?

What I do is this:

On the rare occasions I shoot with my VX2100 on a tripod, I use a portable DVD player as a monitor. I strap it to an extra platform to the right of the camera and power it with a converted 9V split off the large lead-acid battery that sits near the tripod's base and powers everything in my rig. Its stiff screen-hinges let me angle it vertically, however I want. It's a high-resolution Phillips PET-1000 and cost me $330. and has a 10-inch screen. It puts on the best picture I found with any SD player. You could go with a smaller and cheaper DVD player, if the picture quality was good enough for you and save some money. It has S-Video and component outputs, as well as one for digital audio. It has only a composite video input, but despite this, shows an excellent picture from the camera. The added bonus is that I can show DVDs on it in the field and I usually carry a folder containing disks of my best work, just like a proud father, showing-off pictures of his kids.
J. Stephen McDonald is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion