dead red CCD? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion

Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion
Topics also include Sony's TRV950, VX2000, PD150 & DSR250 family.

Old February 21st, 2007, 03:34 PM   #1
Regular Crew

dead red CCD?

Has anyone ever had a chip die in the VX? I'm guessing that is the problem I have. The cam is not producing any red at all (so it cannot be white balanced). I just became aware of the problem. The camera was fine last time it was used.

I'm wondering if any else has ever had a similar issue and also wondering roughly how much $$$ I may be looking at to get it fixed.

-Don
Don Bazley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2007, 05:44 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Bazley
Has anyone ever had a chip die in the VX? I'm guessing that is the problem I have. The cam is not producing any red at all (so it cannot be white balanced). I just became aware of the problem. The camera was fine last time it was used.

I'm wondering if any else has ever had a similar issue and also wondering roughly how much $$$ I may be looking at to get it fixed.

-Don
i had a 2100[recently sold]yes red went on my cam ,reds were black,sent it to sony uk expecting 174 or so pound cost but the cam was returned repaired and i never got a bill,i dont know if it was a mistake or not.on the despatch note it said 1.0 pwb-fb-895 flexible
1.0 prism assy a1- misoperating
a-replacement.
make what you like of that.
chris
Chris Hull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2007, 06:43 PM   #3
Inner Circle

There was a recall on PD170s which fell into a certain range of serial numbers for bad CCDs which were repaired (replaced) by Sony at no charge but I'm not sure if the VX cameras also had this recall.
I would search thru the Sony forum here and see if that recall is listed and if there is a link to Sony which ran the block(s) of serial numbers in question.
If not try giving Sony a call
I can only give you the Teaneck NJ phone number-1-201-833-5300

HTHs
Don
Don Bloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2007, 04:03 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Thanks for the info guys. Thanks also Don for passing on the NJ number. I'm gonna give them a try right now.

-Don B.
Don Bazley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2007, 08:11 PM   #5
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Bloom
There was a recall on PD170s which fell into a certain range of serial numbers for bad CCDs which were repaired (replaced) by Sony at no charge but I'm not sure if the VX cameras also had this recall.
I would search thru the Sony forum here and see if that recall is listed and if there is a link to Sony which ran the block(s) of serial numbers in question.
If not try giving Sony a call
I can only give you the Teaneck NJ phone number-1-201-833-5300

HTHs
Don
Yes, the VX2100 is on a list for free CCD replacement by Sony. Call the Sony 800 number and there's a special department set up to handle these claims and to instruct you how to send in your camera. Good Luck.
J. Stephen McDonald is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion