2nd free 8GB sxs by mail? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old December 17th, 2007, 10:13 AM   #16
Regular Crew

Yep - just got them too... Oh well

An error has occurred on the Rebate-Zone website.
The error has been reported and will be fixed as soon as possible.

Please click the 'Back' button and try the website again
Brent Ethington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2007, 10:42 AM   #17
Regular Crew

I'm getting errors
Robert Musiello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2007, 10:47 AM   #18
Regular Crew

Get this. If you were an early adopter, like me, and completed your purchase before December 1, 2007, Sony is NOT going to honor the free card promotion. This is a quote from an email I received from them this morning:

"Thank you for your inquiry regarding the Sony fulfillment.
Unfortunately the product must be purchased in time frame specified on offer (12/1/2007 - 3/31/2008). You would not be eligible for this promotion if it was purchased outside this time frame"

I called the number on the rebate form and spoke with a representative and his supervisor explaining the situation, but they would not relent. I am supposed to get a call from the next managerial level within 2 days.

This is unacceptable.
Bill Heslip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2007, 10:50 AM   #19
Regular Crew

The camera may be good but this is stupid...
Can't complain too much it is free... but you'd expect more from Sony...
Old December 17th, 2007, 10:51 AM   #20
Regular Crew

free 8 gig card

I bought an ex1 last week and in the box is a mail in form to fill out and send to sony for a free card. I live in Ottawa Canada.
Love the camera, been shooting tons and booking gigs for Jan and Feb already.I have two 16 gigs on order and I also bought the the LED light.
Aldo
Aldo Visaggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2007, 10:53 AM   #21
Major Player

Aldo,

Have you checked for the vignetting problem?
Eric Pascarelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2007, 11:03 AM   #22
Trustee

Hmm..
I'll be calling my dealer on this one.
They will have to post date my receipt by 10 days.
I was told about this extra card upon ordering the camera.

I find this VERY strange.
Steven Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2007, 11:17 AM   #23
Regular Crew

I am not experiencing any vignetting problems, apparantly all Canadian cameras are being checked for this before they are shipped to customers. I checked right away and it looks good. You also get a battery charger in the box which was a nice unexpected surprise. I bought an additional sony battery ( the big one ). The LCD just blows me away with its definition and is so ACCURATE you can use for focus and color decisions. The lens is also sweet for manual focus and a real nice iris ring. I am so comfortable with this camera because it so closely resembles a larger betacam i used for years as far as manual control goes.
Aldo
Aldo Visaggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2007, 11:24 AM   #24
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Heslip View Post
Get this. If you were an early adopter, like me, and completed your purchase before December 1, 2007, Sony is NOT going to honor the free card promotion. This is a quote from an email I received from them this morning:

"Thank you for your inquiry regarding the Sony fulfillment.
Unfortunately the product must be purchased in time frame specified on offer (12/1/2007 - 3/31/2008). You would not be eligible for this promotion if it was purchased outside this time frame"

I called the number on the rebate form and spoke with a representative and his supervisor explaining the situation, but they would not relent. I am supposed to get a call from the next managerial level within 2 days.

This is unacceptable.
That would be horrible! Keep us posted on the progress! I bought mine on Nov. 26th and my rep promised me a free 8 gig card. I am sure he would of told me to wait if it meant not getting it.
Winston Ashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2007, 11:28 AM   #25
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Thomas View Post
Hmm..
I'll be calling my dealer on this one.
They will have to post date my receipt by 10 days.
I was told about this extra card upon ordering the camera.

I find this VERY strange.
Me too. I just got off the phone with the top tier supervisor and they are sticking to their guns. No exceptions. The number is 866-881-1114.

I think calling the dealer is the best option at this point.

Bill
Bill Heslip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2007, 12:35 PM   #26
Regular Crew

Lol! First, you get a camera that wouldn't pass QC, then they won't honor a promotion that's made even simpler if you don't buy it in the US... Gotta love being a Sony professional video product early adopter - Now, you know they don't treat their consumer customers this way... :-)
Brent Ethington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2007, 02:05 PM   #27
Regular Crew

who is the admin of this forum
Old December 17th, 2007, 02:13 PM   #28
Regular Crew

Hey Bill
This might be resolved...
I purchased my camera from B&H
I just got off the phone with B&H Sony Rep... I explained everthing to him and I explained the concerns of the dvinfo community...
He was very upset and stated that he would straighten it out... he called me back 10 min later left a voicemail and sent an email here is a copy of the email:

Hi Bob,

I just confirm with our marketing department that all purchases of PMW-EX1 until March 31, 2008 will be eligible for the second SxS card after completing the online survey, regardless if it was purchased in Oct or November. My marketing department is on the phone right now getting this fixed.

Thanks,
Jim

Also on the voicemail he states not to worry and to extend this to the dvinfo
community...

So this should work out ok.... I'm saving all communication...
Bob
Old December 17th, 2007, 02:27 PM   #29
Trustee

Bob thank you, and most important thank you to B&H Photo Video. These guys are great!
Steven Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2007, 02:29 PM   #30
Major Player

My dealer said something similar, and is expects an official correspondence from Sony later today.

He said that the rebate people were probably not aware that some cameras were delivered before 1-Dec and are trained to follow the letter of the law when dealing with promotions.
Eric Pascarelli is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds