Noise from quicktime at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old March 5th, 2008, 06:53 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Noise from quicktime

I've just started to import some footage into my macbook pro and I used the Transfer tool to make a quicktime. When I click the quicktime files to view the video, it is very noisy. Is this just quicktime or a setting that I am missing. The footage was shot mid-day at -3db.
Mike Testin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2008, 06:56 PM   #2
Trustee

So, how does the original mp4 or mxf file look? I would not judge by another compressed version.
Steven Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2008, 07:11 PM   #3
Regular Crew

I was under the impression also that I could just drag the BPAV folder from the SxS card and drop it into a desktop folder. When I did that, Final Cut will not let me import either the BPAV folder or any individual clip. It just says General Error. It is final cut 6.02. What am I missing?

Thanks
Mike Testin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2008, 08:25 PM   #4
Regular Crew

I guess that it is just noise from the camera. I've never seen noise from a camera in mid day. I wonder if it is because I used Cine 4?

EDIT: That was it. I think Cine 4 is last resort for me. As far as my difficulties importing BPAV files go, I am a fool.

Last edited by Mike Testin; March 5th, 2008 at 10:58 PM.
Mike Testin is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds