MainConcept Plugin / PrPro CS3 / 25min to open file / crashes after 3 - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old April 7th, 2008, 12:40 PM   #16
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Schale View Post
I would love to see the plug in work aswell.... but for the first time in my life i just WISH i was a mac guy.
/sigh
Did you see this link posted by Bill earlier?

http://digitalcontentproducer.com/de...th/nab_update/

Maybe we will get to use CS3 after all.
Randy Strome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2008, 09:18 AM   #17
Regular Crew

got a 404 error
Nick Schale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2008, 09:49 AM   #18
Major Player

Not sure why they removed it, but it said that CS3 would support EX1 MXF files start to finish in Premiere and AE from an update to be released the first day of NAB.
Old April 8th, 2008, 10:32 AM   #19
Regular Crew

Hey Randy,

It is still there (had me worried for a minute)

The way DVi handles links does not lend itself to copy/pasting.
Bill Heslip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2008, 09:40 AM   #20
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Heslip View Post
Hey Randy,

It is still there (had me worried for a minute)

The way DVi handles links does not lend itself to copy/pasting.
Hi Bill,
Before I was getting a framed 404 Error, now, a full page permissions error:

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /desktoppost/depth/nab_update/ on this server.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.37 Server at digitalcontentproducer.com Port 80
Old April 9th, 2008, 10:10 AM   #21
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Strome View Post
Hi Bill,
Before I was getting a framed 404 Error, now, a full page permissions error:

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /desktoppost/depth/nab_update/ on this server.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.37 Server at digitalcontentproducer.com Port 80
At the time I reposted the link was still working. Could have been pulled due to vendor pressure and/or inaccurate information. I'm counting on the former. Guess, we'll know soon enough!

For those that may have missed it, here (was) the scoop:

[Quote By Jan Ozer, digitalcontentproducer.com, NAB 2008 update]
At the show, Adobe will debut what Sony HD producers have been yearning for: similar support for XDCAM EX and XDCAM HD. Both updates will be available for free to CS3 owners on the first day of the show. Given the hardware requirements, Adobe can't promise it will demonstrate these functions at its booth, but the company mentioned that Sony and Panasonic should have the software up and running in their respective booths.

Adobe will also announce an initiative called “CinemaDNG” for a new, open file format for digital cinema video data, which is based upon Adobe's open file format for RAW still images. The new file format targets the problems created by multiple camera vendors shipping their own proprietary RAW formats, which include downstream incompatibilities during production and archiving. Adobe will announce several founding partners at the show, and the company says it hopes to pull together a working group to help formulate the standard.
[End quote]

Still pondering the full implications of this last paragraph. An intermediate codec?
Bill Heslip is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds