XDCAM EX Clip Browser V2.0 - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old July 16th, 2008, 04:34 AM   #16
Inner Circle

This is indeed a nasty surprise, Paul! Have been trying all my MPEG players, and only Nero Showtime tries to play the mxf's back - but it has a tendency to hang ...
Old July 16th, 2008, 05:47 AM   #17
Major Player

This version still won't play the files in the preview window consecutively. You have to play them one at a time. I don't get it.

In terms of VLC media player playing the MXF files, just change the extension to either .m2v or even to .mpg and it will play them. If you put all of them in a single directory, you can open that directory in VLC media player and it will play them all consecutively.

John
John Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2008, 05:55 AM   #18
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Peterson View Post
In terms of VLC media player playing the MXF files, just change the extension to either .m2v or even to .mpg and it will play them.
John, which VLC version do you have? 0.8.5 will NOT play them; I'm upgrading now...

OK - the 0.8.6d DOES play mxf's even without renaming (still no sound though).
Old July 16th, 2008, 06:22 AM   #19
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piotr Wozniacki View Post
John, which VLC version do you have? 0.8.5 will NOT play them; I'm upgrading now...

OK - the 0.8.6d DOES play mxf's even without renaming (still no sound though).
I am not sure why yours does not play sound. I didn't try creating the .mxf files with Clip Browser version 2 yet. They were created with version 1.1 , the extensions changed to .m2v, and they all played in VLC with sound.

John
John Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2008, 06:43 AM   #20
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Peterson View Post
I am not sure why yours does not play sound. I didn't try creating the .mxf files with Clip Browser version 2 yet. They were created with version 1.1 , the extensions changed to .m2v, and they all played in VLC with sound.

John
Even more strange, as m2v is a video stream...

But you know what? I changed the interface language from default (Polish in my case) to US-eng, and voila! - VLC does play mxf's with sound, both those from the previoues and the latest ClipBrowser versions.
Old July 16th, 2008, 07:34 AM   #21
Major Player

Quote:
Even more strange, as m2v is a video stream...
Happened to me too, albeit in MPEGStreamClip. I feel however, that this happens only if a corresponding audio file with exactly the same name is in the same folder as the m2v file.
Strange anyway.

P.
Peter Kraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2008, 07:40 AM   #22
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Kraft View Post
Happened to me too, albeit in MPEGStreamClip. I feel however, that this happens only if a corresponding audio file with exactly the same name is in the same folder as the m2v file.
Strange anyway.

P.
Well, it's not THAT strange really, if you think about it - what we have here is a complete, video plus audio multiplexed, MPEG-2 file in a different wrapper. Changing the name extension from mxf to mpg to m2v doesn't change anything for smart players like VLC...It still finds the audio stream, and plays it!

You're right though that when CREATING separate video and audio streams (like at NLE rendering), the m2v (video) stream file name (main part) must be the same for its audio (whichever format) counterpart, for many players to play the 2 simultaneously.
Old July 16th, 2008, 08:35 AM   #23
Trustee

Hopefully, sometime soon, vegas will be able to use the raw files so i won't bother rewrapping, i'll just copy the files to my hard-drive then check they're all there with clip browser, then delete the card with clip browser. If i need to rewrap to mxf for someone else,i'll just use vegas to check that the transfer was succesful.
So, i don't need anything except vegas and clip browser.

Paul
Old July 16th, 2008, 09:30 AM   #24
Regular Crew

Quote:
I must say the additional codex' prices are sick!

Also, has anyone managed to open the XDCAM 4:2:2 in Vegas? (Edius plays it just fine)
Where did you find the prices for the add-on's...

Thanks
Ray Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2008, 09:42 AM   #25
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Bell View Post
Where did you find the prices for the add-on's...

Thanks
http://www.mainconcept.com/site/index.php?id=21901

The link is in the pdf manual you can download from the same page as the ClipBrowser software.
Old July 16th, 2008, 11:23 AM   #26
Trustee

Don't we have most of the watermarked main concept codecs included in Vegas Pro 8.0b now? Would there be some advantage to converting these with Clip Browser 2.0 instead of Vegas?
Tom Roper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2008, 11:25 AM   #27
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Roper View Post
Don't we have most of the watermarked main concept codecs included in Vegas Pro 8.0b now? Would there be some advantage to converting these with Clip Browser 2.0 instead of Vegas?
Yeah, but...
Just compare the time needed!

Of course, we usually edit, and do at least one final render anyway, but sometimes you would need another format quickly - perhaps to hand over to the customer?
Old July 16th, 2008, 11:43 AM   #28
Trustee

Quote:
Yeah, but...
Just compare the time needed!

Of course, we usually edit, and do at least one final render anyway, but sometimes you would need another format quickly - perhaps to hand over to the customer?
So it's that much faster? It's not rendering? Why can't Vegas?

How does the XDCAM SQ transcode from HQ look? Never mind...I should just try some of these things and not bother everybody.
Tom Roper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2008, 12:00 PM   #29
Inner Circle

Tom,
I really don't know how they do it, but exporting to all those format added to ClipBrowser v2 is almost as quick as re-wrapping to mxf with v1. Really, just like re-wrapping - not rendering!

Oh, and SD down-conversion (no watermark - pure DV AVI) is very good, IMHO (will not swear just yet it's better than my DVD renders with Vegas, but it's certainly much quicker)...
Old July 16th, 2008, 12:39 PM   #30
Inner Circle

BTW, ClipBrowser 2.0 is now also available for download from the http://sonybiz.net European site.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds