XDCAM EX Clip Browser V2.0 - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old July 20th, 2008, 07:21 PM   #46
Regular Crew

How about the SD output option? Has anyone used it to create a DVD, and if so, how does it compare to the hundred different things people have tried to get good down-conversions from HD?
David W Williamson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2008, 09:29 PM   #47
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by David W Williamson View Post
How about the SD output option? Has anyone used it to create a DVD, and if so, how does it compare to the hundred different things people have tried to get good down-conversions from HD?
I did, but I am not sure how reliable my opinion will be because I haven't used the camera that much yet. It looked good overall in my opinion. I created a set of RAW DV files with it. The avi was unreadable that I tried to create first so RAW DV was the only option I could use.
I put them on a Vegas 4 timeline and frameserved the timeline to Procoder 3 to create a single m2p, output an AC3 from Vegas, then authored a DVD from the two files using DVDA.

Of course it didn't look as good as the original 1920 x 1080/60i footage, but it looked as good as the SD DVDs I create with my Sony VX2000 footage.

John
John Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2008, 09:46 PM   #48

hmmm.
media player classic seems to work without complaint for me
Bill Ravens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2008, 10:42 AM   #49
Major Player

Anyone use Windows version of Clip Browser 2.0 on Windows running with Bootcamp on a MBP? Just curious because it sucks... The video playback is sluggish and the color/resolution are horrible.... From what I can tell this new version does not recognize my video card settings properly...Version 1.1 works great in these regards... The Mac version 2.0 works as it is suppose to and it is what I use but then I have to reboot my machine to start Windows and edit in Vegas...Just a pain that was not an issue before but I would love to have a working version of 2.0 on Windows... and yes I tried several re-installs...Any other ideas would be appreciated
Jason Bodnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2008, 11:49 AM   #50
Trustee

Quote:
Yes Greg - confirmed here, as well. Do you know why Vegas Pro 8 cannot read the 50Mbps, 4:2:2 mxf's? Any information about SCS to make it compatible?
Success! I can confirm this doesn't work!

What has Sony in store for us to buy?
Tom Roper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2008, 11:57 AM   #51
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Holb View Post
I used the Mac version for about twenty minutes and I have to say I don't like the new interface or how it feels.
As fellow Mac/FCP user, agree totally. Will continue with XDCAM Transfer.

Maybe I'm missing something but I can't see a way of batch naming dozens of clips at a time - one of the single biggest changes to my workflow since going tapeless. Can't live without that.

The downconvert to either PAL or NTSC is nice, and in first examination, reaches good enough quality, but I don't think it will reinterlace 720p50 to 576i50 like my current workflow. Maybe if I have to convert to DVCAM where clip naming is irrelevant, this will work faster than a batch convert using compressor.

As for the interface, well... Nope.
Old July 21st, 2008, 04:38 PM   #52
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Seeman View Post
Actually it's up to 0.8.6i

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

They've been updating very quickly lately.
Dang, you're right Craig. They're moving faster than I think to check. Thanks for the heads up. I better go check MPEG Streamclip as well (hehe).

-gb-
Greg Boston is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds