EX1 Lens Hood Design at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old August 4th, 2008, 10:56 AM   #1
Major Player

EX1 Lens Hood Design

I sure wish they would come up with a better design for these... My EX1 Lens Hood has become just like my old FX1 Lens hood...Binded up and unable to open or close without major force...A completely sealed design would be nice!!! A little dust and thats all she wrote... I know DSE wrote up a procedure to fix the FX1 Lens hood but with that hood tghe screws on the front are exposed and it is fairly easy to get apart...The one for the EX1 they have decided to cover these screws up with some caps...and the only way to remove these caps would involve scraping and digging up the plastic around the front of the Lens Hood. Anyone know what the part number is for a new Lens Hood for the EX1 and how much Sony will charge for one if it can be ordered?

I was fine with the old capped design instead of the weak and exposed shutter doors.
Jason Bodnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2008, 09:34 PM   #2
New Boot

Sounds like you need to be more careful. These are digital imaging tools, not construction tools. Just don't bang the camera against too many brick walls and you should be fine. I've never had a problem with the barn doors on the lense hood.
Inari Saiga is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds