EX1 Music Video at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old August 15th, 2008, 03:55 PM   #1
Regular Crew

EX1 Music Video

I shoot a music video on the EX1 and ended up buying one for a 6 month web project I was hired to do.

The EX1 project is under both the DP and Director section (see if you can work out the navigation he he..)

Home Adam's website

The video is for Craine "end of the line"

I used the EX1 as I needed good low light capability's on a budget and on this project I wanted something that was small and simple to handle as I was wearing a few too many hats :-)

The Video is based on some animation that was rear projected behind the performers in a empty warehouse. I got one of the brightest projectors I could find for less than £1000 a day rental.

originally I planed to have a LCD display behing the band but it was too costly. I think it worked out well as I feel the plastic sheeting and powerful projector give a unique look as it illuminates the picture and acts as a back light. on the day I found that I needed the throw a bit more back light on the band so I used a couple of pups as well. but other than that all the light is from the projector.

I used floor underlay as the backdrop as it was the biggest semi-transparent plastic I could find that matched the tight budget.

I think the track made it to 7 on the UK indie chart (BBC)
Adam Levins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2008, 07:51 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Loved it, and like your other work too.
Makes me want to shoot music video's.

Where did you get the animation from?
Todd Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2008, 01:14 AM   #3
Major Player

Nice ...

Good imagery and good steady cam on the short film!
Dean Harrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2008, 04:59 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Moore View Post
Loved it, and like your other work too.
Makes me want to shoot music video's.

Where did you get the animation from?
Hi Todd,

It was mostly created by Ben King (editor) in after effects and editied in FCP by myself. We also used a few particle generators.
Adam Levins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2008, 04:27 PM   #5
New Boot

Adam, great work! Is all of the movies shot with the EX1 alone? Are you using a adapter like the M2 or is it just a "clean" EX1?

Once again, wounderful work!

Regards / Jimmy
Jimmy Alenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2009, 12:10 AM   #6
Regular Crew

Thanks Jimmy,

Yes that video was all EX1. I also filmed a Doc in Brazil on the EX1. It is towards the end in my 2009 showreel which you can find here: Adam Levins June 2009 Showreel on Vimeo

Cheers, Adam
Adam Levins is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds