SanDisk Update For Archiving Video Files at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old October 15th, 2008, 08:31 PM   #1

SanDisk Update For Archiving Video Files

A few days ago, when I originally posted my idea about using SCHD cards for archival storage of video files, there were several who said it wasn't yet practical.

SanDisk, earlier this year, released a WORM (Write Once Read Many) card that is reported to last for 100 years. The only draw back was the current WORM card only holds 128MB.

Doing some research, I finally got an e-mail to the Product Marketing Manager at SanDisk. I explained that such a card for video producers would prove to be invaluable, and that it would need to hold at least 8 to 16GB.

Earlier this evening, much to my surprise, I received an e-mail from the Product Marketing Manager at SanDisk! He replied, "We do plan to higher capacities for this product in 2009 that will meet your needs. Please watch for upcoming announcements from SanDisk on this product."

So stay tuned!
Jay Gladwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2008, 08:48 PM   #2
Obstreperous Rex

See http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/digital-v...s-finally.html

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2008, 09:00 PM   #3
Trustee

Great news!
Steven Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2008, 08:40 AM   #4

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ta-daaaa! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bill Ravens is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds