Items on my cart - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old January 31st, 2009, 04:04 AM   #31
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted OMalley View Post
Yes, it does.

Don't know about the porta-brace bag.

I second the DM-Accessories flat adapter recommendation. For my Rode mic, I used the K-Tec short shockmount designed to slide into the cold shoe adapter.

Agree about the mic lead - I use a 90 degree one.

I've not had a problem with the headphones cord, but I can see Dan's point.
Is this the one you're referring to Ted:
Hoya | 77mm Ultraviolet UV(0) Super Multi-Coated | 778031 | B&H
Laffan Nasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2009, 04:14 AM   #32
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Grant View Post
You'll need the MxR adapter(s) for item 5.
I'd replace 7. with the Slim 486 IR cut filter. Never take mine off the camera.
You'll also need an XLR lead for 4. I'd suggest replacing the stock Sony mic holder with the EX flat from DM Accessories and getting the Rode shock mount that goes into a cold shoe. Then you can easily take the mic off the camera. Much easier to pack that way.
Thanks bob , I already ordered two MxR adapters , regrading the XLR lead I think it's come with the kit
Old January 31st, 2009, 02:54 PM   #33
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laffan Nasser View Post

Yes.
You should never put another filter in front of this filter, it is quite reflective.
As I found out if you're getting up very close to the subject for macro work you might want to take it off.
This filter is needed to avoid a problem with IR contamination, depending on the light sources you can get black material turning quite magenta.
Bob Grant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2009, 11:39 PM   #34
Regular Crew

Quote:
Yes.
You should never put another filter in front of this filter, it is quite reflective.
As I found out if you're getting up very close to the subject for macro work you might want to take it off.
This filter is needed to avoid a problem with IR contamination, depending on the light sources you can get black material turning quite magenta.
thanks bob , actually I'm looking for polarizer filter as our sky is too bright .
Old February 1st, 2009, 06:53 AM   #35
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laffan Nasser View Post
thanks bob , actually I'm looking for polarizer filter as our sky is too bright .
Living down here I can face the same problem. The ND2 filter could be a few stops more. A polarizing filter may or may not make the sky darker. It can also cut reflections from water and most reflective surfaces. You have to be able to rotate the filter to align it at right angles to the polarization of the light you're wanting to cut. That means you would probably want it in a good matte box with a rotating stage especially if the camera is in sunlight. The extent to which a pola will darken the sky also depends on the position of the sun so it's not a cure all for that problem. When it does darken the sky it also affects the look of the shot, increasing the contrast between clouds and sky.

I would have thought a ND or grad ND would be better for your problem. You can get combined ND & IR cut which would be important with the EX cameras otherwise you'll increase the IR contamination problem. Both ND and more so grad ND filters also need to be mounted in a matte box. In fact a matte box without a filter could help improve shots in strong daylight. I'd suggest adding a french flag and wings to it as well.
Bob Grant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2009, 08:59 AM   #36
Regular Crew

I was thinking that Magic Bullet Looks may resolve this issue instead of a polarizing filter
Old February 3rd, 2009, 09:48 AM   #37
Regular Crew

I may get 35mm adapter for the EX1 , any recommendation with one lens , provided I can use the adapter for my XH-A1 too
Old April 3rd, 2009, 02:32 AM   #38
Regular Crew

Quote:
...You can get combined ND & IR cut which would be important with the EX cameras otherwise you'll increase the IR contamination problem.
Hello Bob,

I'm curious if you experienced IR problems when using no filter at all or only when using an ND filter.
Max Allen is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds