Help with Clip Browser 2.5 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old April 18th, 2009, 09:17 AM   #1
Inner Circle

Help with Clip Browser 2.5

Hello,

I have recently aquired an EX-1 and am using the Clip Browser to transfer my files.

I was wondering if somebody could help me with some settings or ways to transfer the files.

1). I often don't need metadata. Is there a way to end up with just the video footage on my hard drives? When I transfer a long shoot there a lot of folders and I have to dig around just find the video to input into my NLE. Seems overly complicated.

2). I use Edius. Is there a reason to use mpeg-4 or MXF?

3). If MXF, how to I make this conversion? I have some MXF setting set, but the file does not seem to be MXF on my hard drive.

Thanks for your help!
Tim Polster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2009, 09:39 AM   #2
Inner Circle

In ClipBrowser
File/Export/MXF for NLEs

If Edius can use the MP4 you don't need to do the above.
Back up the ENTIRE BPAV folders though. Other NLEs may need them. You do NOT want to destroy the integrity of the camera masters.
Craig Seeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2009, 10:29 AM   #3
Inner Circle

I see now. Thanks.

So I need to/should have the folders involved?

I guess Edius does not need them but other NLE's do?
Tim Polster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2009, 10:50 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Seeman View Post
In ClipBrowser
File/Export/MXF for NLEs

If Edius can use the MP4 you don't need to do the above.
Back up the ENTIRE BPAV folders though. Other NLEs may need them. You do NOT want to destroy the integrity of the camera masters.
I use Newtek SpeedEDIT, which can work with .mp4 file created in EX-1. So, as Craig mentioned, back up Entire BPAV folders placing them into a parent folder with a meaningful name. Then, to simplify bringing them into your NLE, make a search within the parent folder for .mp4 files. Then copy only .mp4 files to another folder with a meaningful name onto a different drive - it will be, sort of, another backup. After that import .mp4 files into your NLE.

Just my 2 cents...

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds