Dance Video EX1 with HM100 as B camera at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old June 8th, 2009, 11:43 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Dance Video EX1 with HM100 as B camera

I did a quick multi- camera edit of HM100 and EX1 footage of a dance performance. One can see the rolling shutter of the EX1 during camera flashes. Overall, I think the HM100 and EX1 combo is a good combination.

Follow link to watch video.
Hamlik.com Fresh Attitude Dance Studio 2009
John Hamlik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2009, 12:59 PM   #2
Regular Crew

I'm guessing that was from a couple of performances because I saw more than 2 angles being used closely together. Unless you were running back and forth pretty quick? The HM100 being the wide shot? I thought just based on how it looks online, the wide shot was a little soft looking compared to the close up. But it seemed to match. Did you use any color correction in post?
Ben Hogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2009, 12:22 AM   #3
Regular Crew

The wide shot is actually the EX1 and the closeups the HM100. To be fair though, the EX1 was at zero gain with 1.9 aperture and on autofocus so their was a little hunting, not to bad though, original clips look better than compressed for web for sure. The HM100 was set to full auto. One thing you must do is turn down the sharpening on the HM100, these were at -7. You are correct, two performances. No individual color correction, entire sequence was ran through MB looks. Biggest thing to get the to match was manually setting the WB on the EX1 to match the HM100. 2nd day shooting was a much better match.
John Hamlik is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds