XDCAM EX footage projected onto 12ft by 20 ft cinema screen - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old July 18th, 2009, 04:24 AM   #16
Regular Crew

Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Wright View Post
> "As far as the post script is concerned, I feel that I cannot sit and just watch any longer, something must be done, and so this is a start. And in the end, the perspective that I am presenting, I hope will unify rather than divide, although those in the power structures of organised religion I am sure will not see it that way."

I am with you strongly on this Manish - something must be done.

Best of luck with your project - keep us in touch and hopefully we will get the opportunity to see it.
The subtle perspective that I wish to present apart from the science in the first doc and more obviously with the second doc is that, if someone believes that God exists, then logically given all the different colours/creed and nature of people He could be said to have created, He must have sent messengers to all of these, not just to one race/people or community.
Old July 18th, 2009, 06:05 AM   #17
Major Player

higher still ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manish Pandit View Post
That is something which I realised when I saw the footage later.
I think that the high resolution on the EX3 is a winner.
One of the reasons I bought the EX3 was the size of the censor, true HD resolution, no pixel shifting and the nano/flash which records at 4.2.2 ... when you combine these elements you have something close or fairly close to HDCAM SR quality and that is a must for broadcast. If you start screwing with the image ... 4.2.2 is better than 4.2.0
Dean Harrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2009, 02:25 PM   #18
Regular Crew

The Nano Flash

I think the capability of recording to nano flash would be great.
And in fact I thought about it some time ago but what changed my mind was the answer I got when I emailed Channel 4 about this documentary on behalf of my production company.

One of their guys in charge gave me a two line reply saying that he wasn't interested (SD/ HD or whatever, he did not even want to see the rushes or know a bit more).
His assistant who probably knew a bit more than him about the controversy that this film would create when aired, got back to me later (expressed her regret) and gave me a contact,saying that she thought the film's idea was excellent.

And so, it came down to purchasing a nano flash and having a few thousand pounds left over or putting the money into post production into the second documentary and having a second production under my belt in two to three months.

If I had the money, then that would be one of the first things that I would buy.
Old July 18th, 2009, 03:34 PM   #19
Inner Circle

Regarding the nano-Flash, then I think a lot depends on the style of the film. If a lot of hand-held work on the move, then I don't think the idea of separate boxes, cables, powering etc is a good one - too much extra to go wrong. If long periods on the tripod in one location, then it's a different story.

Equally, a lot depends on how much you intend to do in the way of video effects etc. For straightforward editing, the advantages of the nano-Flash are less than when more effects are involved. But it's good to have the choice.

Did you use SxS cards or SDHC?
David Heath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2009, 05:32 PM   #20
Regular Crew

SXS or SDHC

I primarily used SDHC cards. I only used SXS twice.
Funnily enough the Kensington adapter, Sandisk and Transcend 16GB cards did not once give me a problem, as long as I recorded upto 50fps for playback at 25fps.
Old July 18th, 2009, 08:31 PM   #21
New Boot

Projector used?

Manish,

Sounds like a really interesting project. What projector did you use to project the EX3 footage? I am very interested to hear your setup used... Thanks!
Nathan Apffel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2009, 05:06 AM   #22
Regular Crew

Projector used

Dear Nathan,

I will confirm the exact set up used from the editors in the coming week and get back to you.

Im just getting together a brief why I made the documentary and then a making of Krishna out.
That is the bit Im editing on my own.
Old October 13th, 2009, 04:11 AM   #23
Regular Crew

Documentary Krishna History or Myth

Hi guys,

I was away from the forum for a few months as I was busy with the release of my documentary "Krishna History or Myth" in Mumbai, news of which had a fantastic reception reaching millions of households all accross India and other varied bits of the world.
Thanks for all the support I received from various people on this forum.

My next film shot on an EX3 and a MKII is also in post production.
News coverage of the first documentary which was discussed on this forum some months ago can be accessed by typing
"School texts are wrong" in google.
And also on
Saraswati Films

Thanks

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds