Good B cam match for the EX1 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old August 10th, 2009, 02:13 PM   #1
New Boot

Good B cam match for the EX1

Hi guys
I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions for a good B Cam to go with the EX1. My preference to solid state recording leads me to the JVC HM100 and after a quick browse it appears people have had the same choice with relatively good results when it comes to matching clips. But i was just wondering if anyone had any other ideas for roughly the same price that they could recommend?
Giles Campbell Longley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2009, 05:24 PM   #2
Major Player

Something that doesn't shoot to the same specs will always mean "dumbing down" the EX. If there is an option to rent on occasions needed that may be your best bet. Having two different cameras (one limited by budget) unfortunately makes the lesser camera the standard setter.
Maybe find a friend on the fence over what to get, convince that friend to get an EX1 or 3 and back each other up every chance you get.
Denis OKeefe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2009, 03:50 PM   #3
Major Player

Sony Z5U with compact flash recorder. My guess is the look will match better than the JVC. You'll have to mix 1440x1080 HDV with 1920x1080 EX, but that should be no big deal. Plus if someone ever asks you to record HDV or MiniDV, you can do that.
Brett Sherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2009, 06:18 PM   #4
Major Player

Giles
When I shoot weddings I use two EX1s, JVC gy-hm100 this cam matches every well with the EX1 not to mention the same file format and a canon HG11. I have also used the HDV Z7u wich matched well.
Brian Rhodes is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds