Queston: Hoodman SDHC cards & Kensington Adapter at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old October 13th, 2009, 04:23 PM   #1
Major Player

Queston: Hoodman SDHC cards & Kensington Adapter

Will the Hoodman 16 GB SDHC card work in the Kensington adapter? or will I have to get the Hoodman SDHC adapter as well.... I have a client that wants to keep the cards......so I was going to get the Hoodman......

RAW SDHC 16GB, class 6 for Camcorders-Hoodman Corporation

Many thanks....
Old October 14th, 2009, 06:44 AM   #2
Inner Circle

I guess questions like this are getting harder to answer.

There was a time when you could get a 16GB Transcend Class 6 card for $35-$45 as "client stock" and many people are still having good luck with that and some not.

I know lots of people are having good luck with Kensington adaptors but I'm not are the variations have been thoroughly tested/reported like MxR and MxM (which is also Hoodman adaptor . . . although both MxR and MxM may be from same manufacturer).

Hoodman 16GB SDHC seem to be the most expensive out there. ATP ProMax is recommended by MxM (which means they'd probably match well with Hoodman adaptor).

I think the reason why you're not getting answers may be that people saving a few bucks buying Kensington adaptors over the others aren't likely to be spending on Hoodman 16GB which is the most expensive of the cards in that class.

In short, you may have to buy and try otherwise look for the success stories of other Kensington users. This might be especially so since Kensington may not be becoming from the same manufacturer at MxR, MxM (Hoodman) and very slight difference can have significant impact.

Sorry for the non answer but I thought I'd venture why you hadn't received an answer yet.
Craig Seeman is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds