Wanted: EX-1 shipping box and packing materials at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old November 21st, 2009, 02:10 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Wanted: EX-1 shipping box and packing materials

Hi, does anyone have the shipping box and packing materials/inserts for an EX-1 that I could borrow/rent to send my EX-1 to Sony for the BF adjustment and firmware upgrade? In some irrational fit of trying to keep the studio uncluttered, I recycled my shipping box and packing inserts. If you do, you can contact me at: michaelbender@me.com. I would return the box to you when I get my camera back and I would pay shipping both ways.

Thanks!

Mike
Old November 21st, 2009, 07:13 AM   #2
Major Player

Sony has been known to not ship the shipping box back after you send it in.
Old November 21st, 2009, 08:50 AM   #3
Sponsor: Westside AV

Whenever I ship valuable stuff, if I don't use a Pelican case. I take the equipment to the UPS store and have them package it and insure it. That way there is never any problem with a claim if there is damage. And they package very well.

I have had equipment get damaged in original packaging.

Just my nickels worth.
Olof Ekbergh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2009, 08:52 AM   #4
Major Player

Sony UK have special boxes they send out if the camera needs returning, with 2 inserts each with a stretch plastic film. The camera goes between the inserts and is suspended away from the package walls. Does Sony in your country do this? The camera is returned in a normal cardboard box with a couple of bags of polystyrene chips to cushion it, so the packaging doesn't have to be anything special.

N
Old November 21st, 2009, 01:07 PM   #5
Major Player

Michael, contact me offlist and I might be able to help you.
dave
Dave Morrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2009, 03:55 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Wilson View Post
Sony UK have special boxes they send out if the camera needs returning, with 2 inserts each with a stretch plastic film. The camera goes between the inserts and is suspended away from the package walls. Does Sony in your country do this? The camera is returned in a normal cardboard box with a couple of bags of polystyrene chips to cushion it, so the packaging doesn't have to be anything special.

N
I called Sony in LA and they said that they do not send out any type of shipping boxes for a camera service.
Old November 21st, 2009, 03:56 PM   #7
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olof Ekbergh View Post
Whenever I ship valuable stuff, if I don't use a Pelican case. I take the equipment to the UPS store and have them package it and insure it. That way there is never any problem with a claim if there is damage. And they package very well.

I have had equipment get damaged in original packaging.

Just my nickels worth.
Thanks - I have a Pelican case that I could use for the EX1, I would hope that Sony would return it to me!
Old November 21st, 2009, 04:07 PM   #8
Sponsor: Westside AV

I have sent a DSR500 to Sony in Pelican and it came back in the same case.

I would not personally guarantee this.

But check with Sony and if they don't return the case, and I think they will, I would claim the case on my insurance, if raising a stink with Sony has no effect.

Th UPS option I mentioned in an earlier post is not very expensive, and it has always worked for me.
Olof Ekbergh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2009, 05:11 PM   #9
Regular Crew

I never have a good feeling about UPS and having them settle claims quickly and without a lot of back-and-forth about the damage, and amount and so on. My friend who is a professional DJ that does gigs outside of his home base of LA sometimes has had problems with UPS taking a very long time to reimburse him for damage and loss. I have almost always shipped via FedEx and have not had to file a claim with them in the past 15 or so years that I have used them since the equipment I ship gets to the destination in good shape when it's packed well.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds