Shot Put? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old August 9th, 2010, 04:47 AM   #16
Regular Crew

I'm using shotput in the field to download my cards onto two drives. Unless I am missing something and don't know where to access it, the downside of shotput is not being able to screen any of the clips so on the occasions I am in a muddle, and I must admit I have yet to find a way to organise myself well enough not to have to check each card six times before I reformat. Note to self, must take an afternoon to work out a less flawed field workflow.
David Herman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2010, 06:25 PM   #17
Trustee

FYI, ShotPut Pro 3 and The Executive Producer-HD edition (aka TEPHD) have just been released and include full Windows 7 support. TEPHD provides logging and metadata and playback of native BPAV/MP4 files.

This package looks very interesting; so, if anyone has experience with TEPHD in particular, let us know what you think. FYI, TEPHD is the name for the Windows version of 'HDLog' (Mac version).
Steve Kalle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2010, 06:11 PM   #18
Major Player

I bought shot put pro. Setting up multiple drives for unatended tx is a good thing and it does seem to be faster for multiple drive transfers.

A few things to note.
The time-to-go is totally bogus, it jumps all over the place. It would be nice to know how much time is really left in the transfer process.

The support person at Shot Put said "nobody uses the error detection setting, only the feature that compares file sizes". Really? Is comparing file size enough of a safety measure?
Ed Kukla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2010, 08:23 PM   #19
Regular Crew

All the Lacie D2 Quadra drives have 2 fw800 ports, fw400, usb, esata.

Great drives and cool looking.
Chris Ficek is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds