Cheaper alternative to Nano for EX1 ?? - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old November 13th, 2010, 07:47 AM   #31
Major Player

Not to put a damper on this whole thread, but does anyone know anything about Atomos.com? Trade show, previous purchase, anything?

This is the Whois information for that domain:

atomos.com WHOIS domain registration information from Network Solutions

Claire Young
2407/80 Clarendon Street
Southbank VIC 3006

John
John Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2010, 08:06 AM   #32
Major Player

Since they are a new company and the NINJA is on pre order "interest" basis, there are no previous purchases. MacVideo did a tradeshow interview with them and they seem to be on the trade show trail with working units 'worldwide'.

Perrones point is valid in the sense that any proprietary recording format/device will impair hand-off. However there is always the native recording format (tape, CF, SxS, P2, whathaveyou) for those situations.

The NINJA and its ilk are trying to improve workflow by making it easy to import recordings into your workflow and standardizing on a format. That would require every camera to have the same device to record to. How that might happen? Well not by every shooter just happening to bring the same device to a shoot.

The NINJA being HDMI-in only is a bit 'unprofessional', but I say just add a HI5 to the back of it to get HD-SDI in.

George/
George Kroonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2010, 02:54 PM   #33
Regular Crew

[QUOTE=Chris Paporakis;1587282]Just checked and their website is still active ?QUOTE]

Chris you are right and I was wrong the site is actually still active, the error is from my ISP dont know why?

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds