EX1 / EX3 Tripod Plate VERY prone to Crack or Break - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old August 6th, 2011, 12:07 PM   #16
Trustee

Re: EX1 / EX3 Tripod Plate VERY prone to Crack or Break

I thought the Westside plate screwed into additional locations as well as the 1/4 x20 for the EX1/r. At least for my EX3 plate it does.

In any case, I agree that Olof and Westside are very good people.

-Garrett
Old August 6th, 2011, 04:10 PM   #17
Sponsor: Westside AV

On the EX1 there is good reason to add the 3 2mm screws further back on the base of the camera for added stability as with the EX3, the EX3 is much stronger than the EX1 or EX1R with the addition of the 2 4mm screws on the angled part of the base.

The EX1R is a little different, the 2mm screws back of the double 1/4" screws are attached to the same bracket as the 1/4" screws, so nothing is gained by adding those 2mm screws. The 1/4" screws are plenty strong. The problem is really the studs that the plate attaches to, they are not very rugged.

My plate addition on all the different models have the added advantage of allowing for multiple accessories to be mounted to my plate, not the camera, so the additional stress of NanoFlash wireless receivers etc. are now attached to the plate not the camera, and I also offer the shoulder brace systems and large brick battery attachments without adding stress to the weak connection to the camera body frame.

If anyone has questions feel free to contact me directly.
olof@westsideav.com
603-383-9283
Attached Images

Old August 6th, 2011, 04:55 PM   #18
Trustee

Hi Olof,

Would you be willing to accept a check from a city gov't (who is my main client)?

Thx
Steve Kalle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2011, 08:20 AM   #19
Regular Crew

For what it's worth...a couple of my freelance buddies have the EX3 as one of their cameras, I just bought one for myself. I've known about the base plate concerns for some time and they recommended I get this plate designed for the EX3.

EX3 Teleplate

Just another option since I didn't see a plate for the E3 listed on the Juice Design web site.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds