XQD cards w QDA-EX1 adapter for EX-1/F3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old April 15th, 2015, 12:25 PM   #1
Trustee

XQD cards w QDA-EX1 adapter for EX-1/F3

Can you shoot in an EX-1 or F3 using XQD cards in the Sony SxS adapter for them ( the QDA-EX1)?
Leonard Levy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2015, 09:15 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: XQD cards w QDA-EX1 adapter for EX-1/F3

LL: I have been using the "S" XQD card in both my EX-3 and F3 without issue, using the SxS emulator adapter card. Don;t see why it wouldn't work with the EX-1 with the final firmware...but testing is always a good idea.
Bill Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2015, 04:28 PM   #3
Inner Circle

I have the EX1R and it works flawlessly on the latest firmware update 1.31 (and it has to be the latest)

I cannot guarantee it will work on the G series or the N series cards. I have an S series and it works perfectly.

For the F3, you need Firmware 1.4 or above. Current I believe is 1.45.
Jack Zhang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2015, 12:59 AM   #4
Trustee

I want to add another SxS card to the 2 I have, but figure I would just use the ZQD adaptor my camera came with. Anyone know of a listed compatibility matrix to find out what cards will work with the Sony XQD adaptor and which will READ in the SxS USB3 card reader?

Paul
Paul Anderegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2015, 09:20 AM   #5
Inner Circle

There are no guarantees at all when you use the adapter in a SxS reader. Best bet is to get the dedicated XQD USB 3.0 reader (not the small one from the G series neither) to use with XQD cards.

For some reason they made the G series XQD card readers incompatible with older cards, you have to get the one that looks like the SxS USB 3.0 reader that will work with all the card models.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/840665-REG/Sony_MRW_E80_BC1_XQD_Card_Reader.html
The FS7 bundled a XQD card reader that ONLY works with the G series, so buyer beware.
Jack Zhang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2015, 11:28 PM   #6
Trustee

Scratch that idea. The idea of needing 3 different readers in my car is a huge PITA. Considering a dedicated switch to SDXC with adaptors. At least all three of my cameras would use the same cards and reader. :-)

Paul
Paul Anderegg is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds