Z280 and SXS-1 and SXS Pro Media advice. - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old February 25th, 2022, 09:14 AM   #16
Trustee

Re: Z280 and SXS-1 and SXS Pro Media advice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Jensen View Post
Insert a card into reader, locate the icon for the card on your desktop, double click the card, and then just drag drop the XDROOT folder onto an external HDD or SSD to copy all the files. Do the same thing to at least one other drive so you always have two copies.

There are many other ways of doing ingest, but that is the simplest and most fool proof method. No other software or error checking is needed.
OK Thats easy :) Only reason I use Catalyst Browse/Browser, was I thought it was a more secure way of copying my SXS cards.

Thank Doug.

Last edited by Anthony McErlean; February 25th, 2022 at 09:51 AM.
Anthony McErlean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2022, 09:15 AM   #17
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Jensen View Post
Here is a chart from my Z750 book that shows the results of actual testing I did with various cards. The Z280 results would be exactly the same, except the Z280 does not have the excellent XAVC-L200 codec. The Z750 is the only camera in the world to have that codec right now.

I hope this answers your questions. Oops, I just noticed one of the FAIL boxes isn't white. Gotta make a note to fix that in the next edition.
Thank you. :)
Anthony McErlean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2022, 09:19 AM   #18
Vortex Media

Andrew, are you a hobbyist? Because if you earn a living at video production you should really upgrade immediately. Pennywise and pound foolish. :-) I assure you that whatever arguments you have about software rental are totally misguided. Of course, if you don't care about making money and you don't value your time in that way, then use whatever you want.
Old February 25th, 2022, 10:17 AM   #19
Equal Opportunity Offender

I'm due for a hardware upgrade and that's going to make the biggest 'next thing' difference at this stage. I can always re-evaluate software later.

Andrew
Andrew Smith is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds