The Geese of Wachusett Meadow - shot in 4K with Sony PXW-Z280 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old June 10th, 2022, 08:17 AM   #1
Vortex Media

The Geese of Wachusett Meadow - shot in 4K with Sony PXW-Z280

I’ve posted a short Z280 wildlife video that I shot last night. I was out looking for something to shoot and came across these geese just before sunset. I think CBS will use this for the Sunday Morning show’s moment of nature segment sometime in the next few weeks. They used some Loon footage last Sunday that I shot with the FX6 and a baby Great Horned owl last month that I also shot with the FX6, so I don’t think they will run three of my segments that close together. But hopefully in a few weeks I’ll see the baby geese make it on air. Shot with a custom scene file and then graded in Resolve.

Old June 11th, 2022, 12:23 AM   #2
Trustee

Re: The Geese of Wachusett Meadow - shot in 4K with Sony PXW-Z280

The Z280 never ceases to amaze based purely on the $$$/Performance ratio. You keep making me want to go over and visit some of the locos you visit.

Chris Young
Christopher Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2022, 06:05 AM   #3
Vortex Media

Chris, you have a standing invitation. If you ever decide to come up here to Florida or Masschusetts I will definitely take you out shooting. I think that would really be a lot of fun.
Old June 12th, 2022, 06:55 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Doug,

Looks fantastic! I can't wait for my camera to at least be capable of capturing footage like that (the operator has a way to go though).

Best,

David
David Anderson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds