Sony announces the XDCAM EX - Page 21 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old July 1st, 2007, 11:02 AM   #301
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlo Sigismondi View Post
Simon, I think that most of questions we have here are showing the lack of footage and screen grabs from Xdcam Hd despite it's already a year available...
You can see a fair amount of it on TV already! And I've seen some commercials posted that used the XDCAM (although I can't seem to find them now)... As I recall they were gorgeously graded, so it's perfectly possible to push XDCAM HD in post.
Old July 1st, 2007, 12:59 PM   #302
Trustee

Based on the pricing, the HPX500 being compared to the F330 is fair but not against the F350. For the F350, you’d have to compare it to the HPX2000. The HPX2000 is a little bit more than the F350 but at least the price difference is much closer.
Paulo Teixeira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2007, 02:14 PM   #303
Major Player

I acknowledge the sentiment of what you're saying Paulo (although over here in the UK the HPX500 is about the same price as the F350!!!)...

I feel there's nothing wrong with comparing cameras at different price points, as long as one makes a judgement on price too... (ie. camera A has "X" camera B doesn't, but camera B is half the cost... etc).
Old July 1st, 2007, 05:49 PM   #304
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlo Sigismondi View Post
Simon, I think that most of questions we have here are showing the lack of footage and screen grabs from Xdcam Hd despite it's already a year available.
You can start with this posting I put up last November.

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showpost....22&postcount=1

Those are 4 UNCORRECTED screen grabs using Cinegamma 4 and HISAT matrix settings. They are shot in late afternoon on a fall day.

There have been links to other video samples by our members in the Sony XDCAM forum here at DVINFO. This forum is for the XDCAM EX.

The reason I don't post videos is because the full resolution files are huge and I don't have any hosting capability for files that large.

-gb-
Greg Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2007, 07:45 PM   #305
Trustee

Greg,

Thanks for the samples. I really liked the way the orange berries and red flower did not bleed. I know these are difficult colors for cams to manage accurately.

Regards,
Mark Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2007, 04:33 AM   #306
Inner Circle

Just a short question to those who have actually seen the EX: what's the lens thread diameter - 72mm or higher?

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds