DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony XDCAM PMW-F3 CineAlta (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-pmw-f3-cinealta/)
-   -   Preview of Vortex Media's PMW-F3 Training DVD (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-pmw-f3-cinealta/494752-preview-vortex-medias-pmw-f3-training-dvd.html)

Alister Chapman May 13th, 2011 03:17 PM

Re: Preview of Vortex Media's PMW-F3 Training DVD

I'd love a set of CP2's. I think they are excellent lenses for the money. I assume Denis that you know that the ZF.2 and CP2 glass is the same.

Dennis Dillon May 16th, 2011 01:55 PM

Alister,
I realize the ZF's are the same glass. But it would be nice to have the extra blades, and the longer focus rotation. Does anybody know what the focus up change is in degrees for a cine mod on lets say the Zeiss 50mm? Im using the Redrock 32 adapter gears now. Leonard I have not upped the lens yet. I have not had a free week to send them off.

Aaron Newsome May 22nd, 2011 01:58 PM

Hi Doug. I've had the DVDs for quite some time now and I've been meaning to comment on this thread for a few weeks since watching them.

Firstly, I thought I knew everything I needed to know about the F3 since I was one of the first to get shipment from Able Cine, I've been shooting it for a few solid months and already wrapped on a few projects (which looked very good).

When I first got my F3, I actually READ the manual (odd I know). I went through menus and tried to understand all of the options, I thought I had a decent understanding. I wasn't sure if the DVDs would teach me anything I didn't know but I wanted them anyway.

After watching the DVDs, I realized there were more than a few concepts I was just plain, not understandingly correctly. Your explanations of what the menu items and functions *really* mean, really helped me dial my camera in much better. I especially liked walking through the picture profile settings and the step by step creation of the Vortex PP. I'm really hoping you come up with some more picture profiles and post them as camera profiles, or even LUTs when S-log is available.

Again, thanks for the excellent DVD set. Well worth the money and I appreciate you guys putting the set together so quickly after the F3 release. I'll be keeping my eye out for future releases.

Doug Jensen May 23rd, 2011 05:57 PM

Hi Aaron,

That is one of the best compliments I could ever ask for on the DVD. You made my day (probably month) and I thank you very much for taking the time to post your comments. THANKS!

Henry Epstein May 24th, 2011 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaron Newsome (Post 1651690)
Hi Doug. I've had the DVDs for quite some time now and I've been meaning to comment on this thread for a few weeks since watching them.

Firstly, I thought I knew everything I needed to know about the F3 since I was one of the first to get shipment from Able Cine, I've been shooting it for a few solid months and already wrapped on a few projects (which looked very good).

When I first got my F3, I actually READ the manual (odd I know). I went through menus and tried to understand all of the options, I thought I had a decent understanding. I wasn't sure if the DVDs would teach me anything I didn't know but I wanted them anyway.

After watching the DVDs, I realized there were more than a few concepts I was just plain, not understandingly correctly. Your explanations of what the menu items and functions *really* mean, really helped me dial my camera in much better. I especially liked walking through the picture profile settings and the step by step creation of the Vortex PP. I'm really hoping you come up with some more picture profiles and post them as camera profiles, or even LUTs when S-log is available.

Again, thanks for the excellent DVD set. Well worth the money and I appreciate you guys putting the set together so quickly after the F3 release. I'll be keeping my eye out for future releases.

I have to hardly second that!

Excellent training about the F3 specially for those like me coming from more than 15 years of using Panasonic Broadcast.

Very helpful... Mandatory!

Congrats, Doug...

And keep it coming about S-Log & LUT's!

Pieter de Vries May 28th, 2011 04:05 AM

A very nice taster and of quality worthy the of PMW-F3. First class lighting but importantly, it seems to cover all the bases. Congratulations Doug