DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony XDCAM PMW-F3 CineAlta (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-pmw-f3-cinealta/)
-   -   Preview of Vortex Media's PMW-F3 Training DVD (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-pmw-f3-cinealta/494752-preview-vortex-medias-pmw-f3-training-dvd.html)

Henry Epstein April 18th, 2011 06:31 PM

Preview of Vortex Media's PMW-F3 Training DVD

Mastering the Sony PMW-F3 training DVD

Very interesting..!

Dean Harrington April 19th, 2011 12:46 AM

Re: Preview of Vortex Media's PMW-F3 Training DVD

the vortex training video for the EX3 was very helpful in getting started on that camera ... highly recommended.

Aaron Newsome April 19th, 2011 07:42 AM

I can say with certainty, I'll be buying one.

Chuck Fishbein April 20th, 2011 05:19 PM

Doug's other products are good, but I think he's really nailed it with the F3 guide.

Doug Jensen May 1st, 2011 06:33 AM

I'm happy to announce that Vortex Media's 4-hour "Mastering the Sony PMW-F3 Camcorder" training DVD is now in-stock and has started shipping.

Mastering the Sony PMW-F3 training DVD

Jac Chesson May 1st, 2011 07:41 PM

Thanks, Doug!

Ordered and looking forward to it.

Jac

Peter Corbett May 1st, 2011 08:39 PM

Just ordered it too. I know many of the basics (as demonstated in the sample WB chapter), but it's always good to refresh, and it's good to get tips and advice from a source such as Doug. Looking forward to getting it.

Doug Jensen May 2nd, 2011 07:20 AM

Thank you all for the business. It is appreciated, and I look foward to hearing your feedback.
Doug

Aaron Newsome May 3rd, 2011 12:39 PM

Placed my order yesterday. Can't wait to get my DVD. It's my first from Vortex.

Chuck Fishbein May 3rd, 2011 01:38 PM

Just watched the first two discs. Excellent work, Doug!
Worthwhile viewing for all F3 owners, new and experienced.

Michael Palmer May 3rd, 2011 07:10 PM

Hey Doug will you follow up with the S-Log/ Dual Link upgrade DVD?

Thanks
Michael Palmer

Doug Jensen May 4th, 2011 05:01 AM

Good question.
Right now I do intend on doing something later this summer, but there are several factors that may change my mind. We''l have to see how it plays out. Thanks for asking.

Michael Palmer May 4th, 2011 08:48 PM

Thanks Doug, I received my DVD today and enjoyed it, I learned a lot today, it was really good information and a great presentation. I would have preferred to have learned more about the feature settings in the Picture Profile section and less on the EX FCP workflow as most of us know the tapeless workflow already.
Great work by Vortex Media.

Doug Jensen May 5th, 2011 04:39 AM

Hi MIchael,

Thanks for the feedback, it is very helpful.
Even at four hours long, it is always a challenge choosing what topics to cover, and how much time to spend on each topic for a camera that appeals to such a wide range of users. For every person who says they wanted more about A and less about B, there's going to be someone else who says he wanted more info about B and didn't care about A. It's a fine line to walk sometimes. Anyway, I'm not making excuses, just explaining why things are they way they are. Your feedback does help me gauge whether I got it right or not. Thanks!

Dennis Dillon May 13th, 2011 02:05 PM

Doug,
Just got the disks and went straight to the Lens section. Terrific work. You really laid it out for many of us who are in the middle of deciding what the F3 can be lensed with. Im hoping the 11-18 sony vari zoom will be available soon, meantime I ordered the Nikon 17-35 2.8 as a stand in as well as the Tonika 11-16 2.8.
In a few weeks I'll sell my Zeiss ZF kit (21,28,50,85,100) along with the above lens and go with a set of the Zeiss CP.2's and the Sony 11-18. I'll keep my Nikon 80-200 2.8 and the MTS adapter. Great Zoom.
Any interested parties please e mail me off list. xdhd@mac.com