Zacuto EVF Upgrade and Zebras at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM PMW-F3 CineAlta
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM PMW-F3 CineAlta
HD recording with a Super35 CMOS Sensor.

Old November 8th, 2011, 10:53 AM   #1
New Boot

Zacuto EVF Upgrade and Zebras

Just an FYI for those using the Zacuto EVF Pro and planning to do the firmware upgrade to firmware 2.0. I updated the firmware on my EVF Pro. I use both sets of zebras when I shoot with my Sony F3. Previously I had the zebra 1 set to 100 and zebra 2 set to 70 on the Zacuto EVF. This way, the direction of the zebra lines mimics the direction of the zebra lines as they appear on the F3 LCD.

After upgrading the firmware in the EVF today, when I tried to set up the zebras in the EVF to match the pattern in the F3 like I had before, a message comes up in the EVF that essentially says "zebra 2 must be higher than zebra 1." If I set up the EVF with zebra 1 at 70 and zebra 2 at 100, the zebras are reversed from the direction they appear on the F3. This is extremely confusing and I do not want to operate my camera and EVF with 2 non-matching sets of zebras from different sources.

I contacted Zacuto and they said they did this to correct an issue with the zebras. I suggested that they should at least give the option to choose the direction of the lines so that they could match any camera. Don't know if this is an issue for anyone else, but if it is, please contact Zacuto and let them know this is an issue.
Joseph Anthony is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM PMW-F3 CineAlta