How does an F3 output an "RGB 4:4:4" data? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM PMW-F3 CineAlta

Sony XDCAM PMW-F3 CineAlta
HD recording with a Super35 CMOS Sensor.

Old February 23rd, 2012, 04:25 PM   #16
Trustee

Re: How does an F3 output an "RGB 4:4:4" data?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Jensen View Post
Alister, that does not surprise me since it is virtually impossible to see a visual difference between the F3 recorded at 35Mb/s 4:2:0 to SxS cards and the F3 recorded at 50Mb/s 4:2:2 (or even 100Mb/s) to a NanoFlash.
Testing my nanoFlash with my EX3, I only ever noticed a difference when there was motion (shooting at 280Mb/s I-Frame - I only used 100Mb/s L-GOP as a backup for very important event work). I did extensive greenscreen testing with my nano & EX3 and I never found the keying to be any easier or better, but I believe the high noise of the EX3 to be the main reason why.

I am very eager to see the difference in grading ability between the C300 and the F3 recording to 10bit 422 Pro Res HQ (or DNxHD). I also want to see how well the 2 cameras can intercut with one another because I will begin shooting a short film in a month, and I will have access to a C300 to use as a 2nd camera alongside the F3 (recording to a PIX240). I wonder how much of a difference there is between C-Log and the F3's Cinegamma & S-Log.
Steve Kalle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2012, 09:59 PM   #17
Vortex Media

Re: How does an F3 output an "RGB 4:4:4" data?

I've never tested the Nano with and EX1 or EX3, so I can't speak about that, but for the F3 I'm sure there is no visible difference between 35, 50, and 100. I've tested it.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM PMW-F3 CineAlta