South Beach S-Log - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM PMW-F3 CineAlta
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM PMW-F3 CineAlta
HD recording with a Super35 CMOS Sensor.

Old September 24th, 2012, 11:56 AM   #16
Wrangler

Re: South Beach S-Log

Quote:
Originally Posted by Den
Wow @ 0:40 & 01:12 character is in complete shade yet pools of sunlight are still preserved in the background!
Well, sort of...it definitely helps that they are soft back there. Same scene with a small sensor camera would have been a little rough...

Quote:
If it's ok to ask:

@ 0:38 is that lens flare real or fake?
Real.

Quote:
For "in-shade" parts @ 0:40 do you recall where his skin was on waveform monitor under SLOG? 30?
I don't recall (that was a whole season ago--we've shot 68 new sketches since then!) but I would guess 25 to 35, sure.

Quote:
Lastly, how long your lenses were for the pool and the interior @ 1:04? I only ask because in the reflection of the silver platter lid I didn't see any obvious camera / crew (unless you really look way far at the back of the room in the reflection you can see a few little men in there I think).
The zoom on B camera goes to 250mm, we were probably between 200 and 250 for the beginning of the scene (if someone cared to do the math, it's the pool at the Hollywood Roosevelt which is Olympic sized, and the cameras were about 10 feet from the far edge). The interiors were shot on a mixed bag of focal lengths but I would guess the one at 1:04 to be around 100mm. The saving grace was that "Jaden" was up a few steps from the floor at that point so the dome is reflecting mostly above the camera. In many instances we will throw something over the camera and dolly to help with reflections (in this case it would have been a white sheet, vs the usual duvetyne) but guess we didn't really need it here. Alternatively we would have given the offending item a good dose of dulling spray.
Old September 24th, 2012, 12:04 PM   #17
Trustee

Re: South Beach S-Log

ok thanks Charles, I appreciate your insight, always curious about these "bits".
Dennis Hingsberg is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM PMW-F3 CineAlta