Sony F3 with hyperdeck shuttle questions - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM PMW-F3 CineAlta
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM PMW-F3 CineAlta
HD recording with a Super35 CMOS Sensor.

Old February 23rd, 2013, 04:37 PM   #46
Major Player

Re: Sony F3 with hyperdeck shuttle questions

My Sony PMW-F3 with Hyperdeck Shuttle 2
Attached Thumbnails
Sony F3 with hyperdeck shuttle questions-sonyf3.jpg  
Rudy Wilms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2013, 04:58 PM   #47
Trustee

Very nice, and I like the location of the shuttle!
Dennis Hingsberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2013, 05:14 PM   #48
Major Player

Thanks Dennis I also prefer the SDI a for its location and the location of the shuttle wasn't my first choice but after trying it out I do like it now my next goal is to find out what to do with the 29.97i (wrapped psf) in editing
Old February 23rd, 2013, 07:27 PM   #49
Major Player

I found what to do with the 29.97i(wrapped psf) apparently Premiere Pro is missing the psf workflow so I found an article that explained I need to manually interpret footage to progressive.Thank all of you guys with the help now I am ready to do some testing and probable chat soon again I really appreciate forums like this to learn a lot and share information.
Old February 25th, 2013, 12:33 PM   #50
Inner Circle

If your project is progressive and you will always render out to progressive then you don't need to do anything with PsF files.

The only time you may need to do anything is when using PsF in an interlace project as any filters or effects will treat the file as an interlace file. This rarely causes an issue, but it may lead to some odd effects in some very rare cases.

It all comes down to the fact that when the standards for HDSDI were written 1080p25 and 1080p30 were not included, only 25i, 30i and 24p. So to get around this progressive is sent disguised as interlace.

What will cause nightmares is if you accidentally interpret a 1080i30 file as progressive because the frame will be processed as a progressive frame merging the two fields into a progressive frame. Any motion will then appear as combing or banding in the image.
Old February 26th, 2013, 03:01 AM   #51
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy Wilms View Post
Dennis thanks for the link I just ordered the cable just waiting on the rest I will post pictures later
Hey Rudy, I ordered the same cable. Did you have to change the polarity of that cable in order to power the hyperdeck? Just got mine today.
Matthias Sachal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2013, 12:03 PM   #52
Major Player

Usually the battery has a "+" and "-" stamped into the connector. They need to line up with the + & - on the D-Tap cable connector for my EX-L96 battery it work just fine I did not have to switch any cables
Old February 26th, 2013, 12:16 PM   #53
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alister Chapman View Post
What will cause nightmares is if you accidentally interpret a 1080i30 file as progressive because the frame will be processed as a progressive frame merging the two fields into a progressive frame. Any motion will then appear as combing or banding in the image.
by 1080i30 file you mean a real interlaced or the wrapped psf 1080i30 if i understand correct according to this article you do need to interpret footage what is your opinion is this article right?
PsF’s missing workflow, Part 7: Adobe Premiere Pro CS5.5.x by Allan Tépper
Old February 27th, 2013, 02:05 PM   #54
Regular Crew

Yep, worked for me too. Thanks anyway!
Matthias Sachal is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM PMW-F3 CineAlta