Popular oppinion regarding sd card sizes in both slots at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM PXW-FS7 / FS5

Sony XDCAM PXW-FS7 / FS5
Super 35 CMOS recording 4K to XQD media cards.

Old August 5th, 2019, 11:28 AM   #1
Tourist

Popular oppinion regarding sd card sizes in both slots

Hello,

What's the popular opinion regarding the two card slots? Assuming you are using the 2nd slot as a duplicate backup, which is what I plan to do, do most people stick to the same size cards in both slots? Or is it good practice to put different sizes in? For example, a 64gb in slot A but a 128gb in slot B? Presumably so that the recording continues whilst you're swaping over the smaller card when it's full?

Tbh, as I'm just starting out (with the FS5), and I've just spent about £300 on 6x 64gb cards (M series), which might be sufficient for a full days filming if I were to just use 3 cards in both slots. But I was planning on having 4x 64gb cards for slot A and 3x 128gb cards for backups in slot B, but I just can't run to the cost of the 128gb M series cards right now.

However, now that I have 6x 64gb cards (and they are cheaper than the larger cards), should I continue to purchase this size card or aim to buy a 128gb for the backup slot when I can afford it?

Thanks.

Last edited by Mark Keith Lewis; August 5th, 2019 at 11:29 AM. Reason: Correct grammar
Mark Keith Lewis is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM PXW-FS7 / FS5