Car Mount for A1 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Special Mounts and Applications
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old March 3rd, 2008, 01:44 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Car Mount for A1

Hey guys,

I'm shooting a short film soon, and need to shoot a bunch of scenes where two people are talking in an old 1940's car. The car is moving during their brief conversation, and I'm wondering how I should go about hooking up the A1 to the car? It is an antique car, so a crazy crazy car mount would be out of the question, but I have heard about a suction cup car mount, and I'm wondering if this type of car mount would work for the A1. Have anyone here experienced using a car mount with the A1 and could give me some suggestions? Also, anyone know where to rent on in Vancouver, BC? Let me know! Thanks!!

Glen
Old March 3rd, 2008, 01:48 AM   #2
Obstreperous Rex

Moved from Canon XH to Special Mounts / Vehicles

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2008, 02:13 AM   #3
Major Player

Take a look at StickPod.com

Here's a thread abouth them: Sticky Pod.

George/

P.S. If you're using a classic car make sure your insurance covers potential damages; better safe than sorry.
George Kroonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2008, 10:30 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Virus at Car Mount Site

I visited the site suggested by Glen Chua and then downloaded a WMV from there and it contains an Exploit Virus titled Car Mount WMV. Just a note of caution about visiting this site.
Phil Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2008, 01:59 AM   #5
Trustee

Here's some footage of the Indian 'glue pod' (around $30 on ebay) and the XH-A1 - just a quick test

I have flipped the image but done nothing else. With more time I think the footage would be acceptable. The suction pads concern me but there are 6 - so as long as they are checked regularly - BEFORE each take, AFTER each take I think its pretty good for the money.

the roads are pretty rough in my area so take that into account.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eX8tzkwvm_o

the mount on the back window had a bad vibration, I tried to secure it but it still shook.

Mounted on the bonnet looking in didn't work because of the slope of the Citroen windscreen - perhaps if it were higher and closer it would have been better.

... yes it does sound like a truck

On the rear side window worked pretty well - you could cut between passenger & driver

I didn't try mounting on the front door with the window open - that would have worked out pretty well in retrospect.

hope that helps

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Special Mounts and Applications